The Darkling

Nikolai Lantsov gathered the crew in one room, Inara stood at the back, leaning on a wall and listening to his words.
"Thanks to navigation from our Summoner's tracker friend here," Nikolai looked at the tracker, Mal looked annoyed "we've traversed the Bone Road to the island of Jelka. As for the Sea Whipb, we have some storybook drawings, no telling what it really looks like. Rule of thumb for the unknown," nikolai walked further and revealed many weapons, he grinned "come prepared!"
They all stared at it, Mal looked amused "Are all pirates this well-armed?"

"Privateer" Nikolai said, clearly tried of hearing people calling him pirate instead of privateer, a small smile formed on Inara's lips as she recalled the day she first heard him say that, he glanced at her then back at Mal.
"I don't know the difference" he admitted.
"The difference is I have a license. And a healthy love for innovation. Gadgets, marvels, things that go boom. Anything pique your interest?" he asked Mal, "Yeah".
"Well, take it, for our excursion".

Mal picked a good one.

"You have excellent taste in weaponry, Mal. The cables Fabrikator-made. Tensile strength of 80,000, yield 50" Nikolai informed him, Inara got closer, she positioned herself near the table, where Tolya sat.
She took out her longest knife and began to sharpen it as much as she could, making a weak sound as she did.
Her attention was fully on the knife before Nikolai spoke "When people say impossible," she looked up meeting his eyes, that looked like sinking ships on waters "they usually mean improbable".
He's never going to let go off of that, is he?

He looked away, her heart quickened but nothing on her face proved that, there were time he would call her Vensik, others where he called her by her name, which were rare.
Same thing goes for her, she would call him Lantsov, Nikolai or Sturmhond, he just cared that she called him.

"So we'll go in quietly, on Miss Starkov's orders, to injure it for your death blow".
Alina immediately spoke "I'm nor killing it".
The room went silent and still, Tamar replaced her weapon in it's place, Inara stared at the young girl.
"You have to kill it, to claim its power. That's how amplifiers work" Tamar implied, Alina shook her head "It wasn't with the Stag. I think I can do it without killing it".
"So you've never tried it before?" Ianra asked, Alina shook her head and then Nikolai spoke "As...as lovely as that sounds, I'm not sending my crew in to tame a mythical beast with nets and good intentions".

"This is the job you were hired for, privateer." Alina said truthfully and looked around "We capture it. Alive".

They all turned their head as they heard a loud male voice "We've reached the island".

They all exited the room and walked outside, Inara stood beside Tolya staring at the island before her eyes.
Looks promising.

"Well, that's not foreboding" she heard Nikolai say.
The island was covered in every shade of dark Grey clouds, thunder ringing through their ears, "It could be anywhere in there" she agreed to what Tolya said.
Inara did not take her eyes off of it as they got close and closer by the minute, the thunder louder, the sight blurrier than before yet she did not feel anxious.

"We enter through that one" she head Mal instruct, she nodded.
"You sure?" Tamar asked unsure, "There's a frequency, I've heard it before. It's in there" Mal responded, Inara eyes him quickly, how was it possible? He found the Sea Whip with ease and the confidince in his voice was not mistaken.
She has never met anyone like him, Grisha or not.

Who are you really, Mal?

"You heard him. We're going ashore!" Nikolai yelled before walking away.
"Well, this one is going to be fun" Inara said referring to the 'mission' staying where she was both siblings nodded before the three of them walked away.