Danger Lurks And I Love It.

Black couldn't suppress the sinister smirk that tugged at his lips as he prowled through the immaculate penthouse. Todd's fancy cleaners might have polished every surface, but they couldn't erase the memories of betrayal that lingered in every corner. This penthouse was his home now, tainted by the memories of bitter revenge and a thirst for payback.

Todd deserved every ounce of Black's hatred, or at least that's what he told himself. After all, Todd's actions had left Black utterly alone now, and that was unforgivable.

Waking up from a coma was hellish enough, but discovering that his identical twin had been used to replace him? That was an entirely different level of torment.

So, no, Black refused to hide the sinister smirk that twisted his lips as he methodically searched through the penthouse. He relished the anticipation of confronting Todd, to begin their game of cat and mouse.

Once Black confirmed that nobody else was here, he stormed back into the bedroom and practically threw himself onto the neatly made king-size bed. The same bed they once argued about, Todd insisting on its grandeur, while Black found it fucking ridiculous.

The memory of that heated discussion flooded back, the words that died in his throat as his mouth dried.

"Get a smaller bed, so I can be close to you without it being weird."

Black was living on borrowed time, and he reveled in this sick cat-and-mouse game with Todd. He thrived on the chase, the fear that Todd could return at any moment, walking through those doors, triggering the next round of their twisted battle.

Would they fight first? Or would they dance around each other, like they had for years, goading, provoking, and pushing until one of them snapped?

Todd had once said that they could not kill each other, and he had unfortunately been right, even with a gun pointed to Todds head, Black could not pull the trigger.

The same applied for Todd, holding Black under water, drowning him, taking his life with much too much force for someone who had just woken up from a coma.

Because, in the end, killing each other wasn't an option. Death wouldn't separate them, they were bound together by a history too complicated to unravel.

The penthouse now stood eerily silent as Black lay on the bed, listening to each agonizing tick of the clock – tick, tock, tick, tock.

Black knew that any moment now, the game would resume once Todd returned.

Neither of them could kill the other, but that didn't stop them from trying. They'd push each other to the brink of death, teetering on the edge between life and oblivion.

The door creaked open, and Black's smirk grew darker, yet he didn't move. He lay like a predator on the bed they once shared, not even glancing as Todd's presence joined him on the bed.

The tension was palpable, but they held each other in a fragile truce. Neither willing to let go, afraid that if they did, they'd be utterly alone.

"How was your sleep?" Black mumbled, still not meeting Todd's eyes, refusing to break the spell that enveloped them.

Their cat-and-mouse game would resume soon enough, but for now, they clung to each other, afraid to let go, for fear of facing their loneliness head-on.

"It was wonderful, thank you," Todd replied, his voice tinged with croakiness and a hint of sarcasm. Black struggled to resist the urge to slap him.

"You should get a smaller bed," Black retorted, tilting his head slightly toward Todd.

"I know, baby," Todd replied, the word dripping with affection as he wrapped an arm around Black's torso.

"You're an idiot," Black grunted, not pushing away the wandering arm, craving the affection and warmth he had been deprived of for the past two months.

"I know, baby," Todd repeated, sending shivers down Black's spine.

"Next time you decide to put me in a coma? Make sure I don't wake up," Black snapped, anger and frustration rising within him, his need for revenge driving him forward.

But Todd knew him too well. He leaned forward, planting a kiss on Black's temple, his lips laced with a mix of tenderness and taunt.

"I can't kill you, just like you can't kill me. We're stuck together, Black. Our history won't fizzle out, and even death won't separate us," Todd declared, his voice unwavering.

"And why's that?" Black replied, tilting to face Todd with a grin.

"I've already bought a family plot. We'd be buried together." Todd spoke in a matter-of-fact tone, and Black knew he wasn't lying.

Black rolled his eyes, but a ghost of a smile crept onto his lips. They were entangled in a bond that defied logic and reason, a history too complicated to disentangle.

"So, does our game resume?" Todd asked, peppering kisses along Black's jaw.

"Soon, tomorrow, or the day after. I'll go back to hating you, and you'll go back to wanting me to change. But for now, just stay like this, Todd. Just love me a little longer tonight," Black confessed.

Their lips met in a passionate embrace, and for the first time since waking up, Black felt whole again. He was no longer just Black and White, torn between identities. Here, in the arms of his sworn enemy, he found solace in the chaos, and a love that was as twisted as it was real.

Because, the danger that lurked, Black truly loved.