Chapter 19

When my eyes fluttered open, I saw that the entire room had been darkened by the fall of night. Outside the window I could see the moon placed high in the sky, but it was full and offered enough light for me to see around the room.

I pushed myself to sit up, stretching my arms high above me into the air. But I felt something constricting me around my waist and when I looked down, I saw an arm draped over me. Deja Vu hit me like a train as I looked behind me and saw Marco laying next to me, his eyes gently closed as he slept. This was just like the time I had woken up to find him in bed with me after my going away party, but this time we were both fully clothed.

How disappointing.

Marco stirred in his sleep, his arm sliding backwards across my waist. Instantly, I dropped back onto the pillows, afraid that he'd move away from me if I remained sitting.

But then I had to scold myself.

I couldn't believe that I was actually afraid of Marco moving away from me. So I guess that answered the question I had been thinking just before I fell asleep. And maybe I didn't love him, because that was kind of extreme. But I definitely liked him, and I couldn't hide it from myself anymore.

Although, I wasn't sure why I liked him so much. He was annoying and a dick and half the time I wanted to rip his throat out to stop the sarcastic comments he always made. He treated me like a kid and clearly he still felt something towards Millie otherwise he wouldn't have ditched me to hang out with her...

But the more I thought of all his flaws, the more I realized that half of them made me like him even more.

I was so fucked.

Marco groaned in his sleep and I felt him snuggle his body closer to mine. The front of his body pressed tightly into the back of mine and suddenly I could feel every inch of his body against mine.

Every inch.

But a smile had made it's way onto my face, Marco was cuddling with me and he didn't even know it. And since he was asleep, he'd never know what I was about to do. I placed my hand on top of his and pulled it even tighter around me until he was all but on top of me. Yes, it was kind of creepy and yes I was pathetically hopeless. But at least for right now, in this moment, I could be happy.

That was until Marco bolted up in his sleep, ready to fight and kill. Quickly I shut my eyes and pretended that I was asleep, petrified that if he found out what I had done, he'd run from me like a bat out of hell.

But to my honest surprise, when Marco finally looked down at me, he didn't move away. In fact, I couldn't tell if he was moving at all. At some point he gently tried pulling his arm away from my, but I clung onto it tighter and moaned as if he were going to wake me up. I was pathetic.

Marco sighed but I felt his body gently lay back down next to me, the warmth of his skin seeping into mine. Then I felt him actually snuggle even closer to me, his legs now intertwined with mine. My heart leaped into my throat as a smile crossed my face.

My bodyguard blew out a hot breath on the back of my neck and then I felt his lips press onto my temple. My entire being froze, my heart stopped, and the smile disappeared from my face. Marco was kissing me, he was actually kissing me.

Well, kissing my temple.

His lips were so soft and I found my eyes closing as I cherished his simple touch. Butterflies flew rapidly in my stomach and I worried that I may not be able to hold myself back from him.

"Sweet dreams my princess." He whispered, his lips brushing across my skin as he spoke. Then he laid back down next to me, his arm pulling me into his body until it felt like I was wrapped in a blanket solely made from Marco material.