Chapter 25

Arnold smacked Marco once again, his hand connecting harshly against my bodyguards cheek. When I finally decided that I couldn't watch this punishment anymore, I turned and walked from the room.

    We had gotten back to the academy almost two weeks ago. Upon arrival my bodyguards had been punished by the Headmaster for not adequately protecting me and just an hour ago Arnold had arrived, bringing with him another punishment for my protectors. I pleaded and begged but as always my words were practically ignored completely.

    Speaking of begging, I hear that our prisoner is currently begging for his life in the academy's interrogation area but I was forbidden to see him so I really had no idea of how it was going.

    I collapsed onto the couch in the Headmaster's office and placed a hand to my forehead, "This day could not get any worse."

    My father chuckled from where he sat next to me. He got here the same time that Arnold did, mostly due to the fact that Arnold rode with my father. At first I was happy to see him, but the longer he sat here and let Arnold beat up my bodyguards, the more annoyed I was getting with him. I understood that every now and then you have to punish bad behavior to teach good behavior, that was psychology 101. But my bodyguards hadn't done anything wrong, they can't predict what the bad guys are going to do.

    Arnold seemed to think they could but they couldn't.

    "Well I hope Marco is ready for another beating once Arnold get's done with him." My father informed as he pounded his fist into his other hand, "I plan on making sure he knows the consequences of hooking up with my daughter."

    I rolled my eyes and massaged my temples, "Dad it's been almost two weeks since we told you about us, don't you think it's time to let it go?"

    "Not until I given him a stern talking to." My father answered quietly, picking up his newspaper that he had been reading only moments before.

    My eyebrows rose, "You plan on giving him a stern talking to. Do you really think that's going to affect him whatsoever after the punishment Arnold is giving him? After everything he's been through in his life, you think your 'stern' words are going to scare him away?"

    "Well when you put it that way..." My dad began, thinking through his plan. Then he turned to me laughing and shook his head, "I wouldn't be able to teach Marco a lesson even if I wanted to, I'm really just going to talk to him, sweetheart. I'll even try to go easy on him."

    I laughed as well, realizing that he was only faking his desire to beat up Marco just to get a rise out of me. I cuddled into his side, breathing in his scent deeply. It felt good to be with him again. I didn't exactly leave on the best of terms and even though we spoke over the phone and texted each other once or twice, I never got the chance to apologize for the way I had acted before we left for the academy.

    "I've missed you, pumpkin." My father spoke before I could. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and hugged me tightly, "I know you were upset about coming here and I know you were upset about the way Arnold treated your friends...but it was all for the best. You know that don't you?"

    I sighed again and let my head fall against his shoulder, "I didn't at first. Initially, I was just pissed off that you were sending me away. But I think I understand it a little bit better now, after everything that's happened. I still don't understand or approve of Arnold's methods...but...he taught my bodyguards well. So he must know what he's doing."

    At least, that's what I kept telling myself.

    "Mr.Croft please let me show you to your luxury room while you're staying with us." The Headmaster insisted once again as he stood up from his chair, effectively cutting off the conversation between my father and I, "You really don't need to sit in my office while we wait for your wife to arrive."