𝟏

𝐇𝐘𝐄-𝐉𝐈𝐍 

𝟭𝟯 𝗗𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗥
          "𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑾𝑶 𝑨𝑾𝑨𝑹𝑫 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑬𝑹𝑺 in the intraschool math competition." The teacher says. I know I'm not one of them. Math is not my strong suit.

I know for a fact Si-eun is gonna be one of them. He doesn't take a damn break from what I've seen of him. "Yeon Si-eun and Jeon Young-bin, come to the front."

Everyone starts wooing in Young-bins' direction. I've never really had a problem with Young-bin. He's never really bothered me but damn he's so annoying. They both walk up to the front.

"Yeon Si-eun, first place,  This student is awarded this certificate in recognition of their achievements in the 2022 instraschool math competition. Well done Si-eun." The teacher says and gives him the certificate.

I sit there bored wanting to leave this hell hole but at the same time, I don't wanna go back home either. I sigh sitting there unamused when everyone starts giving Young-bin a round of applause and woos.

Everyone calms down and the teacher announces, "The mock exam is less than two weeks away, I trust you are all studying hard." "Yes ma'am," we all say in sync.

I look around the room observing the place when I notice Young-bin staring at the back of Si-eun's head. God, he's so obsessed with messing with people.

The teacher then rambles about how we shouldn't take this useful time for granted. And should be taking our mock test very seriously. Class is over and everyone's doing their own thing.

I stand up to go use the bathroom real fast when I see Young-bin forcing another dude in my class to dance for some reason I don't care about.

I'm done taking a piss, washed my hands, and on the back to class, I see the scared boy getting drinks. Man, they need to own up to their selves. But it's whatever.

I come back and sit at my desk doing nothing but just chillin' watching my phone when a friend comes up to me. "Hey Hye-jin" it's Gi su. "Hey, how have you been?" I asked with curiosity. I haven't spoken to him in a little bit.

"I've been great actually" he smiles. "Uh, actually I just wanted to ask you if you'd want to come karaoke with me and the rest this weekend?". He points at some other friends of ours. "I would but I got work". I told him, turning down another attempt of inviting me out.

"Oh. Okay," he says quietly while walking away. Right when I was about to go look back down to my phone he come back to me. "Yeah?" I question. "Why are you distancing yourself? I mean you've changed Hye-Jin."  " you've become a whole completely different person, you're so busy with work and studies we don't even get to hang out anymore," he said sadly.

I stammered not knowing what to say with so many questions on my face until our attention is drawn to Young-bin and Si-eun. Young Bin threw a sandal/slide at Si-Eun.

"Sorry," he says sarcastically loud enough for the entire class to hear. "be careful next time" Si-eun bluntly replied. The entire class woos seeing that someone one-upped Young-bin. I'm surprised too actually.

He walks up to Si-Eun, "It was an accident, what's there to care about? you're making me feel bad." "Make sure it doesn't happen again," Si-eun tells him straight forward with strong eye contact.

Young-bin scoffs and sits down facing In front of him. "Hey, do you know that people can't stand you? Everything you say gets on my nerves, what do you think?" Asked Young-bin.

"Are you bored?" He nonchalantly asked. "What?" He's in disbelief. "Stop wasting time and memorize another English word." He told him off. "Are you kidding me?" Young-bin muttered.

Wow, I haven't seen someone stand up to Young-bin in a while. I smile watching this very entertaining interaction.

Out of nowhere, the baseball team barges in breaking the tension between Si-eun and Young-bin. "What the hell are they doing here," I mumble.

"Who's An Soo-ho?!" One of them asks. Everyone points at him napping at the back of the classroom with a pillow that slides onto ur arm.

Damn, I need one of those I think to myself. "Ahn Soo-ho" the guy in front of him calls trying to wake him up. He doesn't budge. "Ahn Soo-ho!" He says a little louder this time.

He finally gets up, "what? is it already lunchtime." He asks rubbing his eyes awake. "Are you ahn Soo-ho?" Asked the impatient baseball player. "Did you- flirt with Na-eun?" He blurted looking heartbroken with a hand to his chest.

"Na-eun?" Soo-ho questions. He thinks for a moment. "Lee Eun? park eun?." He questions again not sure which one he's talking about. "It's Son Na-Eun, you bastard!" Raising his voice with frustration.

"Ahhh, she kept messaging me. So we just had a meal together. I'm not interested in her. She's not my type." He reassures him. He gets off-topic and asks, "What's for lunch today?"

"It's spicy stir-fried pork" the guy replied to him. Mhm, that sounds good to me. " sounds good to me, it's full of protein." Same thoughts here man.

"Guys!" The baseball guy yells he alerts his team. He points his head towards Soo-ho. All of them start to approach Soo-ho. If I didn't say he didn't look awake then he does look awake now.

"Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah!!" Everyone starts saying. As they all approach Soo-ho, I tripped one of them on accident. "Oh shit," I say to him. He hiss out of anger and got back up on his feet.

One of the em swings their baseball bat at him but they ended up missing the hit. He tries to hit him again and misses again. I laugh. Wow, could this day get more interesting? He starts fighting Them one by one till they knock him out. They eventually get up though.

Damn, he got impressive moves I think to myself. He grabs the bat out of one's hand and is about to hit one of them until they flinch "Scared you" he says with a smile on his face.

They keep fighting when one does a little too much in Soo-hoo's defense. "You've crossed the line man." He said while fixing his shirt. "I don't care you fucking bastard!" He tries to swing at Soo-ho again and still manages to miss.

Soo-ho dodges his hit and knocks him out with a punch to his face. The room went silent. His body's facing Si-eun while his face is to the others. " take him to the nurse's office, you're dead meat if my name comes up" he tells the other players. They're mumbling to each other so I can't hear what they're saying.

Soo-ho looks in front of him to see Si-eun staring at him. Si- sun looks down causing Soo-ho to look down too. It was his pencil or pen bag that fell open on the ground.

"Did I do that?" Soo-ho asks. "Yes," Si Eun replies quietly. "My bad, sorry about that," he says while picking it up and placing it on his desk.

"Why would you fight in a classroom?" Si-eun bluntly asked. Before Soo-ho could answer he already turned his back towards his studies. Soo-ho smiled at him and left.

Finally, school is over! But I gotta go to the library and do more work. I frown at that thought. I sigh while walking off campus. I get a call from the casino company I work for.

"Hello?" I say

"You're fired" a stern voice announces.

God, I'm tired af. I wrote 1000+ words today I hope y'all enjoyed this one. This one kind of like doesn't really focus on Hye-jin. js her thoughts frl. I'm dying rn, I'm writing all of this on a phone because ion got a computer😔. There will be way more interactions in the next chapters. Trust the process and bare with me PLS😣🙏. more will be coming soonnnnnn. Love yallll
- britney