𝟗

𝐒𝐈-𝐄𝐔𝐍

𝑰 𝑾𝑨𝑳𝑲 𝑸𝑼𝑰𝑬𝑻𝑳𝒀 𝑻𝑶 𝑴𝒀 𝑯𝑶𝑴𝑬𝑹𝑶𝑶𝑴 in these dark halls with little to no light shining through the big glass windows that spread across the corridor.

I slide open the door to see Sooho sleeping on three desks combined. This time I won't turn on the lights and disturb him. I'm going to be a little generous this time.

I do need some light so I slightly open the curtains exposing some natural gleam. I'm not going to be studying in complete darkness, that's for sure.

The time has come and it is already lunchtime. Since I'm always finishing my work, I'm always a couple of minutes late for lunch every time. And Sooho just happens to sleep every day at any time.

This is a good opportunity to treat him to some food I guess. I walk up to him and tap him in the shoulder, he doesn't wake up.

I tap him more aggressively finally waking him up. "What?" he questions. "It's lunchtime." I let him know. "Right, I'm not hungry," he grumbles as he put his head down again.

"It's my treat," I tell him. He turns his head faster than ever. "Whats with that face?" he asks annoyingly. "Nevermind." he ends the conversation.

I somehow convince him but as we're about to leave, I see Hyejin sitting from a distance studying while listening to whatever. She needs a break, she looks worn out ever since we saw each other at the hospital.

I walk away from Sooho for a second to go talk to her. "Aye, where are you going nerd?" he calls out. He follows after me.

"Hyejin," I say her name. She looks up at me and takes out her AirPods. "Huh?" she asks. "Let me buy you lunch," I tell her casually.

"Um I'm not hungry and I'm a little behind." She says as she writes down notes. "Hye-jin, Take a break and come eat with us, he's buying us food today and you wouldn't want to miss this opportunity." Sooho tries to convince her.

"And I still owe you," I add. She puts down her mechanical pencil. "Fine." She breathes out. "Do you know what's for lunch today?" She asks as we walk to the cafeteria.

"I don't know, I guess we'll find out," Sooho responds. We get our food and sit at a table. Well, this is very unusual. "I honestly wasn't expecting much," Sooho announces. "But I pay for my meals." He continued.

"Don't eat it then, me and Hyejin will share it if that's what you want," I tell him. He looks taken back. "Thanks for the lunch!" He says as he fixes his posture and digs in.

"By the way, why do you sleep at school?." I ask him. I genuinely want to know. "Ah that, I come straight here after work just in case I sleep in at home. My grandma insists that I graduate with perfect attendance, even if I don't go to college." He answers.

I nod my head understandably. "Do you like listening to music? you always have earbuds on like an arrogant brat." Sooho ask me.

"I just can't be bothered," I tell him quietly. "What?" He doesn't get it. "I can't be bothered to talk to anyone." I clarify. "You know you're weird right?" He says.

"You're one to talk."

He smiles with food in his mouth. "You agree with me right Hye-jin." Sooho elbows her. "Yeah sure of course I do." She says sarcastically. "Why so silent multi-jobber?" He questions her.

"Just tired." She says as she takes a bite of rice. "And don't call me that." She adds. He laughs. "Oh, I'm gonna be calling you that more often now that I know you don't like it."

"Do it, I dare you." She threatens. "Multi-jobber." He says with food in his mouth. Instead of hitting him, she steals some of his food.

"Hey you know I value my food!" He yells. "That's exactly why I decided not to hit you." She smiles as she turns back to her plate.