𝟓

𝐇𝐘𝐄-𝐉𝐈𝐍

   𝑰 𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑪𝑯 𝑨𝑺 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹 erase writing on the chalkboard. Today is the day we take one of the mock exams.

I've been studying more than I ever had before. It's crazy. I better get a decent score because if not someone's gonna be hella mad.

I write and circle the answer of my choosing. I suddenly hear a door open and then close. I turn around just to see Young-bin. I'm not fazed by his appearance.

It's rare when he comes to class on time so it's very expected. He gives me a dirty sly look. I give one back to him because who do you think you are?

I turn around back to my papers trying to focus again. I have very poor concentration so he helped a lot. "Hey, you're here." I hear behind me.

I lose focus and see that Young-bin is
Talking to Bum-Seok. "Bum-seok, our teacher wants to see you." He tells him. "What"

"Our homeroom teacher wants to see you." He validates. He's clueless and hesitates for a second. I just watch with curiosity as he stands up and follows Young-bin out of the classroom.

He's probably up to no good, always harassing people. I sigh and start working on my test.

𝐁𝐔𝐌-𝐒𝐄𝐎𝐊

   I stand by the vending machine as Young-bin bends down to get his drinks. What does he want from me? I'm kind of scared. What if I get jumped or bullied again?

He hands me a bottle of soda. "Here, drink this." Why's he acting kind of nice? it's suspicious. "Oh okay, thanks." I briefly tell him.

He pops his drink open and sits on the bench. I still don't know what he wants so I'm just standing waiting for him to talk. It's quiet at first.

"By the way, I heard you had a pretty hard time at Moonkang." He looks up at me and smiles. I have no words. I just wanted to leave that shit in the past. Why does he have to bring it up?

"I spoke to Ji-won last night." "What?" I ask before he finishes. "He said you get beaten up there all the time." He states. My heart drops. Memories of the past flash through my mind with horror.

"Was that why you transferred? like a damn loser." He asks as I snap out of my mind. I have nothing to tell him and I don't want to tell him anything.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to intimidate you, I'm just saying we should be friends." He informs me. Me? impossible. There has to be a catch to it.

He pats the seat next to him, signing that I go sit next to him. Scared if I didn't, I go to sit next to him. "Aren't you thankful that I'm keeping your secret and choosing to be your friend?" He gaslights.

"Right," I quickly agree with him. "Thanks," I add. "If you're so grateful, I need a favor from you." Of course. He pulls out a tiny piece of sticky plastic.

"What is it," I ask. He just smirks at me. "Just take it." I sigh as I give in. I take it not knowing what to do with it.

Further on he explains what I have to do. It's fucking crazy but he could blackmail me. And I don't want to have to move schools again. We both walk back inside the classroom and take our seats.

𝐒𝐈-𝐄𝐔𝐍

"You know the Korean literature section takes time right?" The teacher questions All of us. "Yes ma'am." We reply. This class is low-key boring but I'll push through it.

Soo-ho passes me the papers. I grab one and pass the rest back. "Distribute your time well." She advises. "Yes ma'am." We all say again.

"And don't cheat." She lastly adds. "Yes, ma'am." I flip through the test. This is pretty easy. This is an easy high score.