𝟐

𝐇𝐘𝐄-𝐉𝐈𝐍

𝑰 𝑺𝑳𝑨𝑴 𝑴𝒀 𝑳𝑶𝑪𝑲𝑬𝑹 and take a seat at my desk as I put on my new balance. P.E. has always been the highlight of my day. Moving around and being more active has always made me feel less stressed these days.

I get a notification from my phone. It's my manager from the cafe I work at.

𝗝𝗮𝗻

You're getting a day off today.
I have business to take care of.
Good day.

Okay thank you, sir
ʳᵉᵃᵈ

Finally, a day off, I still have to look for a part-time job though. That's gonna take some time. I sigh as I slide my phone into my pocket and walk outdoors to the running track.

"Okay listen up students! You guys are going to be running the track today!" I hear a lot of groaning after that one. "Now I don't want to be hearing any complaints!" They all stop with an unhappy look on their face.

"You're going to be running the track and I'm gonna be timing you, you got it!?" He makes it clear. " yes sir!" we respond. We all take our spots behind the line.

"ONE, TWO, THREE, GO!" He declares. We're off now. I run very quickly, nothing holding me back. So far it looks like I'm the second in the lead. Soo-ho is in front of me not that far away.

I take a breath and build up enough strength to catch up to him. As I do, He looks at me but I don't bother to look back. I'm too focused to care right now.

We both finally reach the end and tie together. "That's 6 minutes and 12 seconds to the both of you." He reads. " take five seconds off of that," Soo-ho tells the recorder. He hesitates but does it anyway.

I breathe very heavily, trying to catch my breath. "Hey you two, you guys should specialize in sports in college, y'all could do it." Teacher recommended.

I was too tired to even reply. " what for? I don't want to be an athlete, I'll think about it if my record's better than Bolt's" he acknowledged. "Who is Bolt?" Teacher questions.

Soo-ho stares at him for a moment, " You know, Usain Bolt." I roll my eyes hearing that response. "How about you Hye-Jin? you are always at the top of this class, you could be an athlete in college."

"I don't plan on being an athlete, I have a love for sports but education is just more important to me right now," I inform him.

"Right, right, right" he understands. "Well, great work today." I nod my head and walk to the seats waiting for us. Oh shit, I forgot my water bottle. I groan very dehydrated.

I sit in the shade waiting for some friends to finish running. I scroll on my phone while I wait. " what sports do you play?" I turn my head to see Soo-Ho from a distance. " uh I play most but I'm always boxing in my free time, and I run too." I loudly say back.

"You box? Wow," he says while nodding his head impressed. "Yeah," I look away from him to see my friends coming my way. " I'm. so. out. of. breath." Soobin grouches taking a deep breath of every word. "Here, sit dumbass." I gestured for him to sit beside me.

We talk for a bit til I get a call. I look to see who it is. It's my mom. I sigh, "Um I'm gonna take this call real quick, I'll be back in a second." "don't take all day!" Ha-jun yells.

I laugh in response. I walk away from everybody so they won't be able to hear my call.  I'm nervous about picking up this call. I answer. " yea ma?" With a sweet tone in my voice.