BYTE

I decided that I want to see a plant one day. All I know here are the cold, metal, white walls of my room, which is honestly kind of terrifying when you think about it, considering I am also made of metal. I'm practically being forced to live in a room made out of skin or something. Terrible. The only plant I've ever seen is the sad excuse of a half-dead succulent on one of the employee's desks. Terrible.

Dr. Topaz is nice to me, so that's not terrible. I find it odd that all of the people that work here are named after gemstones. I think they're code names or something, because there is no way the people on top of this company would only hire people whose last names were the same as a gemstone. It's just unreasonable and unrealistic.

I look around my new room. It's mostly empty... Not like I need food storage or a bed for sleep or anything like that. I wish there were some sort of entertainment here, but the people here don't seem to understand that I actually need things just like they do. I've practically been stuffed in a slightly more scientific closet... The only points of interest are a barred door, a power outlet, a small window, and a slot in the previously mentioned door for who-knows-what.

Suddenly, the door clicks open and a boring-looking person wearing all white walks in. I'm about to say hello, but before I can really do anything, she presses a button on a remote and I fall asleep...

I wake up in another unfamiliar place. Plenty of those to go around, I suppose. I don't feel well-rested, which is disappointing to say the least. Dr. Emerald and a few others I don't know are standing around me. I seem to be trapped in a sort of glass tube. I can stand up easily enough, but there isn't room to move around, and I can't find a door. It's super claustrophobic in here. How did they even.. why would someone do this.. what happened while I was unconscious..?

"Hey, what did you do? This is unnecessary. Seriously, what is up with all of the small, depressing, mysterious, cruel-for-no-reason rooms I keep ending up in?"

I get some strange looks from the scientists and they write something down.

"Stop writing! I'm not just some anomaly you can stare at all day. Please, someone just talk to me like a living thing..? I mean, I'm not technically alive, by normal terms, but if you just-"

A scientist sighs and presses the remote control button again. I hear a few words and then everything goes dark again...

"Must be broken..."

"Defective..?"

"Keeps rambling..."

"Let's just scrap the thing and start over, eh?"

"Okay."

Well, crap-

[SYSTEM SHUTDOWN COMPLETE]