BYTE

Do I have to do all the work around here? Everyone else is constantly arguing! At this rate, we'll be caught on no time! "Guys, can you stop arguing so much? We can't properly escape like this, and even if we do, living out here will be miserable together..."
Tony looks at me angrily. I feel like I have made a terrible mistake.
"One, we've already 'escaped.' Two, you are the only one that was in danger here. Us helping you out almost guaranteed that we lost our jobs the moment we left that building. Three, I don't plan on sticking around with you guys. All we do is fight! If you all listened to my ideas, I could have come up with a much better -"

"Then leave. Go back to work or something, but we don't want you here," May interrupted.

I don't want anyone to leave, though! I wish we could just get along... "Wait, no, don't -"

"All you ever do is make fun of me. First the stupid Hawk nickname, then ordering me around... You ought to leave before anything else happens!" Jay speaks with a voice of hatred.

"I think Hawk is a cool n-"

"FINE! If you hate me so much, I will leave! I'll tell the higher-ups exactly where you are! But remember, you all brought this on yourselves."
Tony runs back to the building, visibly angry with all of us.

I don't know what to do... I feel like it's my fault.  Like I was the one they were yelling at that whole time. Like I should have never asked for May's help, and she and Jay never would have been in danger.

I walk silently alongside May and Jay as we go into the woods nearby. May seems to know the way to wherever it is we're going. It feels like whoever speaks next will be the next one to get kicked out of the group...