MAY

I understand that Byte needs to recharge and all, but this is raking a long time and I can't think of anything to talk about, so we've been awkwardly staring at each other for almost twenty minutes now.

Finally, Byte speaks up, since I am certainly not going to start a conversation.

"So... May. Where are you from? I'm from here, obviously. Not that I know where 'here' is."

And that's when I realized that Byte probably knows literally nothing about the outside world.

"I'm from around here, too. I've never been out of the country, although I want to go to Japan someday. It sounds like a cool place to visit."

Byte thinks for a moment.

..."weeb."

Byte finds this very funny. I do not.

"It's not that! I just think it'd be cool..!"

Byte is making an odd beeping/buzzing noise that sounds kind of sort of vaguely like laughing.

"Sure you do, sure you do. Okay, so... Where is 'here' anyway? I've still got no clue where we are."

I'm about to tell Byte where we are when I hear a noise coming from the doorway.

"I think I heard voices in here. No one is scheduled to be in here right now."

"Fine, I'll check it out. Calm down."

"Okay"

Crap.
"Okay, Byte, you need to pretend to be dead again. Like, right now. Go into sleep mode or something. People at on their way."

Byte looks horrified at the idea of having more people in the area, scrambling quickly behind some boxes and promptly sitting themself on the floor like a discarded ragdoll. I almost worry that Byte actually died or something, it's so realistic. I guess they've had a lot of practice, though. I hide too, hoping not to get in trouble.