Chapter 3

Mystic Falls High School was one of the most boring schools Percy had the displeasure of studying in. She had studied in over fifty schools and this one seemed to be the worst one yet.

Not only were the classrooms small, but the teachers were also grumpy. Not to mention the fact that news about the new girl in town had spread fast, and the students seemed to stare at her, whispering.

And she hated it.

Her body felt as if it was on over-drive.

She hadn't even finished her day and yet she knew she wouldn't have time to call Annabeth to update her.

She had started school in almost the mid-semester; she had lots of homework and assignments to do if she were to fall in line with her other classmates.

She'd already taken half her classes, and in lunch sat with a couple of friendly girls. A brunette called Alice, and a blonde called Rachel. Percy thought of her red-haired Oracle friend, Rachel Dare. Nearly everyone had been nice to her.

Senior year was exhausting, Percy thought. The classes were hectic and on top of everything, she had to attend her history class with juniors.

After lunch, she had only two classes left. History with... Percy squinted at her schedule to make out the name. Mr. Saltzman. Even thought, her dyslexia was gone after she'd been granted immortality, sometimes it still felt like the letters were floating off the pages.

She walked to get to the next class, and was glad when the teacher didn't make her introduce herself to the class. He did that himself.

Nearly all seats were taken, and Percy walked to a seat at the end of the class and sat down.

Stefan Salvatore caught her eye instantly. He smiled and nodded at her, before turning to the dark-haired girl she'd seen yesterday at the Grill.

After class, she walked up to Alaric Saltzman. The teacher smiled at her. "Hello, again, Percy. What can I help you with?"

"Um, can you tell me why I'm taking this class with juniors, Mr. Saltzman?"

"You missed nine months of your senior year, Percy. The headmaster admitted you into the senior's course, but you'll have to take some of the classes you missed," he replied.

"Oh, okay. Thank you," replied Percy, as she turned to walk out of the classroom.