Chapter 16

Percy, Damon and Stefan arrived at Elena's house to tell her about a new plan.

"Hi," said Stefan, as soon as the doppelgänger opened the door. "Uh, can we talk?"

"Why?" Elena asked.

"We have a plan. One that doesn't involve you getting killed," said Percy.

"Since when do you care?" snapped Elena. "You attacked and threatened Stefan. Why should I trust you?"

"And I'm over it," interjected Stefan. "And if you won't trust her, trust me."

"Fine," Elena gave in. "Come in."

"According to Rose's friend, Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break."

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice," said Damon. "Ergo, you live."

"How do you destroy it?" asked Elena.

"By releasing it from the moonstone," said Percy.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?"

"Because we have a crafty witch on our side," replied Damon.

Elena let out a sigh. "You discussed it with Bonnie."

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us," Stefan spoke somewhat defensively.

While their plan seemed to be foolproof, Percy couldn't shake off the feeling that something was about to go wrong. But she didn't share her concerns with the others.

As soon as they were back at the boarding house, Percy asked to speak privately with Damon, who agreed and followed her into his room, curiously. Stefan, meanwhile left to meet with Caroline.

After he left, Percy turned to Damon. "I mentioned Elena had a dream about Katherine, right?" She asked him.

Damon nodded, wondering what that had to do with anything.

"Well, I have a hunch that Katherine is really visiting her in her dreams."

"What?" exclaimed Damon. "That's impossible. Katherine's dead."

"I might not have killed her completely," Percy admitted, sheepishly.

"What are you talking about?" Damon was confused. "I saw you slash with that sword of yours. I saw her turn into dust."

"I'm sorry for not telling you this before, but my sword doesn't kill anyone completely. At least not the supernatural. It turns them into dust, and sends them to the darkest part of hell, as you may call it, where they regenerate." Percy looked at Damon, waiting to see how he would react to this piece of information.

"You're saying that Katherine will be back?" Damon asked, now completely rattled.

"She will. But it could takes years, maybe even decades, if you're lucky."

Damon seemed a bit relieved to hear that. "So we don't have to worry about it right now."

"Not immediately, no," responded Percy. "But I didn't like keeping you in the dark about this particular bit of information."

"So you're keeping me in the dark about other things, huh?"

Percy gave him a sly smile. "I may or may not be keeping secrets from you."

Damon stepped closer to Percy, his face only inches from hers. And then, all of a sudden he started tickling her.

Percy squealed and squirmed as she tried to get out of Damon's grip. But he did not seem to want to let go.

"Oh my god, Damon, stop." This time she grabbed both of his hands and pulled him closer to her. She tackled him to the ground and climbed on top of him, tickling him mercilessly. And soon, both of them were a laughing mess, as they rolled around on the ground, trying to defeat each other in their tickle battle.

And that was how Stefan found them, when he returned home, and saw them on the ground, in the living room.

"Very mature. Both of you," he commented.

Still laughing, Damon and Percy got up, dusting themselves off.

"You totally deserved that for keeping secrets," said Damon with a playful glare.

"Maybe I did, but I totally won."

"No, you didn't."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Okay, stop it, both of you," said Stefan. "I have news."

And he told them that despite Annabeth's best efforts, Tyler had managed to push someone off the stairs, killing them. Which meant-

"Tyler's a werewolf," concluded Stefan. "Which means Klaus can sacrifice him in the ritual to activate the sun and moon curse."

"How do you know this?" Percy asked, sounding doubtful. She had full faith in Annabeth and believed that someone had distracted her, while she was watching over Tyler.

"Caroline told me," replied Stefan.

"That's not good. That's not good at all," said Damon.

"It'll be fine," said Percy, "we're going to despell the moonstone." But they didn't know that she was trying to convince herself of the fact, despite her fears that something might go wrong.