Chapter 11

Damon, Percy and Annabeth were at the Salvatore boarding house. Damon was telling them about their plan to kill Katherine.

"Katherine wants us to give her the moonstone tonight, at the masquerade ball," said Damon. "And that's why we're gonna kill her."

"Can't you just give her the stone so she'll leave?" Annabeth asked.

"No, Katherine's not getting shit. Who knows what she'll do with it once she has it?"

"Good point," said Percy. She looked around taking note of everyone who was present. Damon, Stefan, Caroline, Jeremy, Alaric and-

"Where's the witch?" Percy asked.

Right on cue, they heard a knock at the door. Caroline opened the door to let Bonnie in. "Hey, come on in."

Bonnie walked inside in a hurry. "I got Stefan's message."

"Hey," greeted Stefan. "You brought the grimoire. Thank you."

Bonnie looked around the house, confused, where everybody seemed to be busy doing something. "What's going on?"

"We're gonna kill Katherine," answered Jeremy.

"I can explain," said Stefan.

"Please."

"We're gonna kill Katherine."

"Way to give an explanation," said Percy from the couch she was sitting on.

"Are you sure you don't want me there tonight?" Alaric asked.

"No," replied Stefan. "Stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this."

"Okay, well, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight."

"All right," said Stefan, looking around. "If anybody wants to back out, I'll understand."

"Yeah," Damon nodded. "Cold feet, speak now. I don't want this going wrong because someone chickens out. Caroline?"

"I won't," replied the blonde. "Look, she killed me. Fair's fair. As long as there are no werewolves running around."

Damon smirked. "Oh, I took care of Mason."

"As long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn," said Jeremy.

Stefan nodded. "Percy?"

The raven-haired girl shrugged. "I'm just here to help Damon. I'm not backing out unless he is." She looked at Damon for confirmation.

He scoffed. "I'm not backing out."

Stefan rolled his eyes at the pair. "Bonnie? You with us?"

Everyone looked at Bonnie. The witch nodded. "But no one gets hurt."

"Except Katherine," said Damon. "Tonight Katherine gets a stake through her heart."

That night was the masquerade ball. Percy and Annabeth were getting ready.

Percy wore a midnight blue off-the-shoulder dress, her black hair cascading down her shoulders in gentle curls. Annabeth was dressed in a red dress, and wore her blonde hair up.

Percy hid Riptide in a garter she wore under her blue dress.

As soon as they were done, they went over to the boarding house. Percy knocked on the door to the Salvatore's house, and it opened within seconds of her knocking it.

There stood Damon Salvatore already dressed in a black tux, looking ready for anything. He was attractive, Percy had to admit that.

"Welcome, girls," he greeted. "Feeling in the mood to kill a manipulative, psychotic bitch?"