Chapter 18

Percy was at her house, lounging on the couch when she suddenly had the idea of calling camp to see her friends, who she had not seen in forever.

She went out into the backyard and manipulated the water to create a rainbow with mist. She then threw a drachma into the rainbow saying, "O Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Nico di Angelo at Camp Half-Blood."

She saw Nico kissing Will through the IM, and proceeded to shout, "Hey, Nico! Stop making out with your boyfriend and come here!"

Nico's eyes widened and he pulled back hurriedly. "Percy! Stop ruining my beautiful moment." Then, he let out a gasp. "If you tell anyone I said that, I'll kick your ass the next time we spar."

Will chuckled and waved at Percy, while the sea-green eyed girl let out a snort. "Hello to you too, cousin."

"How are you anyway? And how are things back in Mystery Falls?"

"Mystic Falls," Percy corrected. "And I'm fine. Anyway, I see you're more than fine." Her sea green eyes gleamed.

"He definitely is, aren't you, Death Boy?" asked Will.

"Hey, not you too," Nico complained.

"How are Leo, Piper and the others?"

"They're fine. You didn't answer my question, though. How is Mystic Falls? Any monsters bother you yet?"

"There are different kinds of monsters here. Vampires and werewolves. And believe it or not, I'm friends with two of them."

Nico looked shocked but shook himself out of it, remembering that he lived in a world of gods, Titans and Dirtface, of course. "You're friends with them?" asked the son of Hades. "Why? How?"

"Not all of them are bad. In fact, I shouldn't even call them monsters. They were created against their will. And some of them don't drink from humans," replied Percy.

"Will!" Percy heard someone call out. "Come here quick. Another one's fallen off the climbing wall."

Will got up to go and wasted no time in trying to pull Nico with him. "Okay, I gotta go. Mr. Doctor is needed, and for some reason wants to drag me with him."

"Bye, Neeks," said Percy. She heard a faint, "Don't call me that," before she swiped her hand through the message, ending it.

Damon walked through the door, to see her swiping at the air. He had heard the last part of the conversation were the campers had called Will to check on the demigod who had fallen off the climbing wall. He thought back to their conversation in the Grill when Percy had told him about a summer camp she attended, back in Long Island.

"Hey, Percy," he called. "Who were you talking to?"

"Oh, my cousin," she replied.

"You don't have a phone with you," he observed.

Dam, he's observant. "Yes, because I have this." She pointed to a MacBook lying on the couch near her.

"It's not open," stated Damon.

"Uh, yeah. Because I closed it." Percy rolled her eyes.

Her hands were nowhere near the laptop, thought the vampire. But he didn't say anything.

Percy noted that he didn't look convinced. "Anyway let's get going." She got up and grabbed his hand.

"Go where?" Damon questioned, looking puzzled.

"I have a court hearing because I stole my mom's last blue cookie," she said seriously.

"Haha. Very funny." He released his hand from her grip, ignoring the sparks he felt at her touch. "We have to go anyway. To check on Elena."