Chapter 13

After Annabeth left, Percy was starting to feel disconnected from her world again. It was a long distance from Mystic Falls to Camp Half Blood, and her mom could tell it was beginning to affect her even though she tried not to show it.

Meanwhile, Damon and Stefan called Elena to their home where they informed her what Rose had told them.

"So you're saying," Elena started to say, trying to wrap her head around what they were talking about, "that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

"Yes," said Rose at the same time Stefan said, "No."

"What they're saying is, I mean, if what they're saying is true-"

"Which it is," Rose interrupted Damon.

"You're not just saying this so we don't kill you?" asked the blue-eyed vampire.

"Which I'm not," Rose replied, rolling her eyes.

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe," said Damon.

Stefan, always the optimist, shook his head. "Look Elijah's dead, right? No one else even knows that you exist."

"Not that you know of," Rose interrupted again.

"Not helping," Damon scolded the female vampire.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him," Stefan continued as if he hadn't been interrupted, "I mean we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know what's real. He could be some stupid bedtime story."

"He's real," said Rose, obviously exasperated with their attitude. "And he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. And if you're not afraid, you're an idiot."

"Alright, we're shaking," said Damon, shrugging. "You've made your point."

Elena got up from the couch and headed towards the door. "Where are you going?" asked Stefan.

"School," replied the doppelgänger. "I'm late."

"Let me grab my stuff," said Stefan. "I'll go with you."

"That's okay," said Elena. "I know where it is."

Stefan nodded, disappointed.

"She's in denial," said Damon after she left.

Stefan gave him a look. "Shut up, Damon."

Meanwhile, Percy was at school, her day passing by uneventfully. She was bored out of her mind and seeing as her last class was History, she began to hope that it might be better, seeing as she actually liked the teacher. But as soon as she arrived at Alaric's classroom and saw he had written in the board, her hope dissipated.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Jackson," Alaric grinned at her when he saw her. "Today's class, as you can see, will focus on Greeks and their beliefs, so please take a seat, class will begin as soon as everyone arrives."

In that same moment, Elena Gilbert entered the classroom followed by Stefan and Bonnie.

When everyone were arrived, Alaric began the class. "Yesterday, we discussed a little bit about the origins of our democracy, which brought us to the Greeks. As some of you might know, the Greek civilization originated many of the terms were now use-"

"Will we be talking about Greek mythology?" asked a girl from the front row. "You know, the Greek gods and goddesses?"

"Yes," responded Alaric, before moving to the board to write a familiar name on it.

"Kronos?" asked the same girl. "Why start with him? He was a Titan."

"He was also the father of the Olympians," said Alaric. "We cannot talk about them without talking about him first."

A boy Percy didn't know started to talk. "I know Kronos ate his kids because he didn't trust them, but Rhea, the mother Titan, fed him a rock instead of baby Zeus, and when he grew up he tricked Kronos into throwing up his kids-"

"Eww," said the first girl.

"Yes," agreed Alaric. "You see, Zeus did trick Kronos into consuming a mixture of mustard and wine, which made him disgorge his other five children, who, of course, being immortal gods had been living and growing up completely undigested in the Titan's stomach."

"That's disgusting," said the boy. The class seemed to agree, as they laughed, obviously not believing a single word that was being said.

Percy rolled her eyes at them. Was no one aware that names had power?

Alaric merely smiled at their reactions. "The gods defeated their father, sliced him to pieces, and scattered his remains in Tartarus - the darkest part of the Underworld-"

Percy stopped listening after that. She did not want to hear that name again, let alone sit in a class and listen to everyone talking about it. She was having flashbacks to the fateful day when her and Annabeth had fallen into the pit, holding onto each other for dear life.

No sooner did class get over, than she rushed out, barely managing to keep herself from vapor -traveling in full view of all the students.

A/n: Another chapter for you guys! The next one will be longer! Vote and comment!