Chapter 21

Annabeth's face appeared in the Iris message. She smiled as soon as she saw Percy, but it seemed kind of forced. "Hey, Perce, I need to tell you something-" she stopped abruptly as she noticed Damon sitting near Percy, and she looked panicked for a second, but it changed so soon that Damon was sure he had imagined it. "What's he doing here?"

"Annie, it's okay. He knows," Percy reassured the blonde.

"He knows?" said Annabeth, looking shocked, her voice raising slightly. "Percy, why in the gods' name would you tell him?"

"I-" Percy was about to defend herself, explain why she had done it, when Annabeth cut her off. "Never mind, this is important. Damon, could you give us a minute?" She asked, addressing the vampire for the first time.

"Yeah, sure." And he left, giving both the demigods some privacy.

"But he'll be able to hear us with his vampire hearing," protested Percy.

"I've asked the Hecate cabin to spell this IM, so that no one on the receiving end apart from you would be able to hear it."

"Wow, okay." Percy wasn't sure what was so important and confidential that Damon shouldn't hear it, even after Percy told him about her world. Even after she had trusted him. "What happened?"

"Why did you tell him about our world, Percy?" was the first thing Annabeth asked. "You can't trust him. He's a monster."

"Why, Annabeth?" Percy was confused and shocked. "You seemed to have a good enough opinion about him when you agreed to help the Scooby gang kill Katherine."

"I might've searched for information about the Salvatore brothers when you first told me they were vampires," the blonde demigoddess admitted. "I was worried he might try to hurt you."

"Try being the keyword. I'm immortal, Annie," Percy reminded her best friend."

"And his brother is a ripper," Annabeth continued, ignoring Percy. "Damon, on the other hand does not give a shit about the feelings of humans. To him, they're prey. He's killed hundreds of people."

Percy's first instinct was to defend her friend. "He might've been like that in the past, but he's not like that anymore. He's changing, I know it." And that right there, was her fatal flaw: loyalty.

"Really, Percy? Do you actually believe that? I hate to say it, but maybe Katherine was right. The two time savior of Olympus should not befriend a killer. Much less trust him by telling him you're a demigod. What would the gods think?"

"To Hades with what the gods think," said Percy.

Annabeth played her last card, trying to get her friend to see sense. "He's in love with Elena Gilbert. Do you think that he won't expose our world to his friends, who he's known longer, or his brother, if he thinks even for a second that you are a threat? You know how dangerous that would be. The supernatural world has been kept apart from the mythological world for a reason, Percy. It would lead to war. One in which the gods will not be fighting because they simply don't care."

Percy sighed. Annabeth had a point. Her loyalty to her family and friends back at camp, outranked her loyalty to Damon by far. "You're right," she finally agreed. "But I've already told him everything. What do we do about that?"

Annabeth gave Percy a knowing look. "I might have a plan."

A/n: Hey, guys! I'm back with another chapter. I have a lot of ideas and I simply cannot wait to write the next chapter. Hope you're enjoying the story so far!