Chapter 14

Damon and Percy were sitting at the Grill. Percy was sipping on a - surprise - blue drink.

"I think Alaric's onto me," said Percy.

"What do you mean 'onto you'?" asked Damon, taking a bite out of his burger.

"I think he's closer to figuring out about me, than you are," the sea-green eyed girl replied.

"And you think I'm not?" Damon's voice took on a teasing note. He'd figured the best way to get answers out of Percy was to get her a blue drink/ice cream. He was partially right. It would impress her, sure, but not enough to tell him the truth. At least, not yet.

"No, Damon," laughed Percy. "I don't think you're anywhere close."

Damon pouted, which made the girl laugh again. "You look cute when you do that," she said, booping his nose.

His pout turned into a smirk. "I knew you had a crush on me."

Percy scoffed. "I do not have a crush on you."

Later, they were at the boarding house, where Rose sat, crying. She looked up when she heard the pair come in.

"Alright, Rosebud," said Damon, "I need some answers."

"We need some answers," Percy corrected.

"Please don't tell me you're crying because your buddy Trevor lost his head," said Damon.

"Damon!" Percy exclaimed.

"You always been this sensitive?" asked Rose.

"A little vampire switch," replied Damon. "That you can 'pfft' for this very reason. Takes the emotion out of it."

"Yeah," said the older vampire. "You switch yours, I'll switch mine."

"Is that a dig?" Damon asked.

"It's an observation," Rose replied. Being in love with your brother's girlfriend must be difficult."

Damon could swear Percy looked pained at the mention of Elena, but her expression changed so quickly that he couldn't be sure.

"I'm not in love with anyone."

"You wanna try that again? What about your little friend over here?"

Damon vamp-speeded over to Rose. "Don't get on my bad side."

"Then show me your good side."

Percy sighed tired of their little argument. "How do we find Klaus?"

Rose turned to look at her. "You don't find Klaus, he finds you."

Percy gave her a smug look. "I'm pretty sure I can find him."

Damon pointed his finger at her. "I don't doubt her."

"Anyway, you got in touch with Elijah. How'd you do that?" asked Percy.

"Through a guy named Slater in Richmond."

"Perfect," said Damon. "I'll drive."

"No," disagreed Rose. "You forget that not all of us can do sun."

"Then you drive. Come on."

They met Slater at a cafe which was built in such a way that the vampires could look out at the sun without being burned.

Slater explained to Damon and Percy that his contacts stopped to Elijah, and that he didn't know how to find Klaus.

Unbeknownst to them, Elijah listened in on their conversation. He threw some coins at the window, which broke, allowing the sun to burn the vampires inside.

What Elijah didn't know was that, Percy had seen him and had chosen to not tell Damon about him being alive.