Chapter 15

A/n: Hey guys! First, I'd like to thank you for all your lovely and encouraging comments! They motivate me to write more. Second, a lot of people have been suggesting ideas, some of which mirror my own thoughts on how to continue the story, and I'll be sure to keep them in mind!

"Damon, where the hell have you been?" Percy shouted at Damon, when he showed up at her house. "I have been searching all over for you."

Damon looked at her, sheepishly. "I must have lost track of time."

"Hello? Lost track of time? Did you not receive my zillion texts and calls?"

Damon did not. Or maybe, the more appropriate answer to the question would be, he hadn't even looked at his phone, since returning from Richmond, as he had been too busy getting it on with Rose.

And by the way Percy looked at Damon, he could tell she knew too. And it wasn't hard to find out either. She had seen or heard from neither Damon nor Rose after their little trip, and assumed that they had spent the night together.

Now, Percy wasn't jealous or hurt by this new knowledge, but there was a small part of her that wished it would have been her instead of Rose. Neither did she ask Damon what he had been doing for the past 12 hours.

As for Damon, he had taken a seat on the couch and started scrolling through his phone, wondering how he had missed so many texts and calls.

And sure enough, there were a whole lot of messages and missed calls, mostly from Percy.

Water Girl 🌊: hey, Stefan just called me. Elena seems to be missing.

Water Girl 🌊: Damon, u there?

Water Girl 🌊: omg, are u missing too?

Water Girl 🌊: I'm just kidding.

Water Girl 🌊 (2 missed calls)

Water Girl 🌊: srsly, whr r u?

Water Girl 🌊 (5 missed calls)

Water Girl 🌊: Damonnn!!

Water Girl 🌊 (8 missed calls)

Water Girl 🌊: Okay, now I'm worried!

Water Girl 🌊: I'm calling the cops!!!

He liked it that she was so worried for him, but he also felt guilty for scaring her like that. He finally looked up from his phone, to see Percy sitting down on the couch quietly, watching him, waiting for him to say something.

"Percy, I'm so sorry," he apologized. "I shouldn't have worried you like that. I think I left my phone on silent, because..."

Percy looked at him, expectantly, but he didn't finish the sentence.

"So what happened to Elena?" Damon asked, changing the topic.

"Oh, Stefan found her. She had gone to the tomb. She seemed to have the idea that Katherine was there. Apparently, she had a dream about it." Percy looked at him for a long moment. "You seem to be taking this very calmly, considering you're in love with the girl," she observed.

"Oh god, not this again," said Damon. "I am NOT in love with Elena."

"Fine. I won't bring it up again," conceded Percy. "But you better buy me blue Cherry Coke after that massive scare you gave me."

"Blue Cherry Coke? Where the hell would I even get blue Cherry Coke?"

"Back in camp, they had these magic cups that would fill up with whatever drink you want."

"So?"

"So you get Bonnie to do her witchy juju thing to get it for me," stated Percy, knowing full well that she could do it herself.

"You know what would be easier?" asked Damon.

"What?"

"Mixing blue food coloring into Cherry Coke."

"Well, do that then."