The Past Arises

*Arya*

Like clockwork I wake up to the sun breaking the horizon. Today there is not a cloud in the sky causing the sunrise to be oranges and yellows today. The orange sea sparkles and the cool breeze blows my short hair from my face.

Unlike yesterday I wake up very warm and comfortable making it hard for me to fully wake up. I feel Zoro's arms wrapped around me and hear him snore lightly. At some point after I feel asleep I was covered by a blanket. I assume it was my farther doing. I turn my head to see if my father is still there but he is gone.

I sit for a moment longer. I try to unwrap Zoro's arms from my waist without disturbing him. I remove his arms slowly putting them to his sides. I start to slip out but I feel the arms wrap around me again. I try to turn my head to look at the swordsmen but I stop when I hear him snore. A small part of me is amused that the swordsmen seems to like to cuddle.

I stop for a moment and think. Well he already knows about my power so why not? I let the power of the Mizu Mizu Fruit take over my body. My body liquefies and I slip right out of Zoro's grip. When my body solidifies again, I am standing up right besides him.

I stretch out. My body is feeling a thousands times better than it was yesterday. It is easier to stand but I am breathing pretty hard from transforming in an out of my liquid state.  I lean up against the fence to catch my breath.

I look across the ocean. "What do you like so much about this spot? You were out here when we came to this island too."

I turn toward the swordsmen who now stood beside me. Looks like I woke him. Oops. I answer "The island where I was born is over there. I am from a spring island called Furawā or the Island of Flowers. It was a small port island. Most of the people who visit it were doctors who are looking for herbal, flowers, and such to make medicines."

Zoro studies my face, "You must miss it." I don't say a word. The swordsman seem to understand that the silence means yes.

"Let's go back to the dojo. I haven't ate real food in five days." I start to head back and Zoro follows.

"Do you know where my farther went?" Zoro looks away and scratches his head, "I don't know must of left when I fell asleep." What an awful liar. But I don't let it bother me. About half way there, I start to slow down some and breathe harder.

Zoro stops and turns to me,"Hey do you need help?"

I shake my head, "My body isn't going to get strong again if I let people help me all the time." Zoro slows his pace and walks besides me.

I take this moment to ask a question, "What drove you to my father? He mentioned you briefly during one of the times he came here. He said he took on a young swordsmen that showed promise. He brought it up when he was trying to actually talk to me. Said you had potential but at times you were foolish and that's how you lost an eye."

Zoro let out a nervous laugh, "I want to beat Mihawk and become the world's strongest swordsmen. And ya. The eye was his doing. It happened the first time I lost control with the demon. "

I nod. "But why did you go to my father for training if he was your enemy?"

Zoro let out a shot laugh, "During the two years that my crew and I were apart, I was sent to the island where Mihawk lived. After I defeated all of the enemies on the island, I made my way to his castle and asked him to train me. The only thing that I had on my mind was getting stronger for my crew mates. So sucking it up and asking Mihawk for help was not too hard."

I looked at him, "For your friends?"

Zoro had a smile pull at the corners of his lips, "For my nakama."