Epilogue: Snow

*Arya*

The sun sat low in the sky, blanketing it in beautiful abstract swirls of glowing pinks, cool purples, and burning oranges.

There is frigid wind filling the sails guiding us to the next island.

Geese honked as they flew in a V formation away from our destination.

I rub my hands up and down my arms trying to create friction with the warm wool of the ruby red sweater I was wearing while also trying to stifle a yawn.

A puffy powder blue jacket is draped over my shoulder by familiar warm hands, "Nami said it is only going to get colder as we approach the island. She said she had some extra winter gear that you could have for a reasonable fee." Zoro informs me as he zips up my coat, giving me a flirtatious eyebrow waggle when drags the zipper over my chest.

I roll my eyes and shake my head slightly; a light blush dusted my cheeks.

I had been traveling with the Straw Hat crew for a few months now. The first month after the fight back on my home island was mess.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't awaken my devil fruit ability again. Small flickers of the clear water would dance across my skin but that was all. My body was only able to bring that power out under those horrid circumstances.

The AL's I hoped to save were handed over to the Marines and put down. The Marines claiming that they were too big of a threat to the world.

It shattered me. If I would have tried to heal them all on the battle field that day, maybe I could have saved them.

There was the matter of my father too. After a long heart to heart, my father vanished out to sea again. He promised me that we would meet up again after the World Government decided what they wanted to do with his title. My farther gifted me a mini den den mushi and a vivre card before he left.

As of now, I haven't heard from him yet. The uneasy feeling gnawed at my stomach for a while but Zoro reminded me that my father was a man of his word and that I was the most important thing to him. He would contact me when he was free.

Zoro had be outstanding the whole time. He wasn't the best with his words when he tried to comfort me, but he made up for it by being very affectionate when it was just the two of us. Being wrapped up in those strong arms could fix any of my sour moods.

Honestly not much had change between the two of us when we were around the crew. We would exchange fond touches like caressing cheeks, reassuring squeezes of the hand, and massaging comforting circles into each other back, but nothing in excess.

Our relationship developed the mentality of being sweet on the street and more risque when it was the two just the two of us.

I couldn't complain.

Zoro's warm hands unclipped my golden rose pin momentarily, clipping it to his furry coat.

Black bangs droop in my eyes tickling my nose.

I let my hair grow out the past few months. It had gotten long enough where I could pull most of it back into two short stubby twin tails that teased my shoulders. My bangs were still an awkward length that they had to be pinned back otherwise they annoyed the hell out of me.

Watching my hair grow was an activity that I didn't think was going to bring me such enjoyment. The longer it got the more I looked like the picture of my mom that I held in the locket that rested on my chest. Resembling her brought me great comfort and pride. It brought me back to the days when it was warm and she would pull my hair back in unique up-dos and braids. Moments that I now cherished more than ever.