Pain

*Zoro*

"I know Zoro. Me too." Those five simple words still echoed in my head. Taunting me. I longed to know what words were going to come from her rose petal lips that evening. I want to tell her something important too, but lost my chance because I was too weak.

Emptiness fills my stomach; also as if part of me had been ripped away. I try to focus on my workout to forget about the feeling.

My muscle strain as I curl my biceps with weights that match my height. After I hit 100 I drop the weight and towel off.

As I wipe the sweat from my brow and the back of my neck is when a reflecting light catches my eye.

I finger the golden locket now wrapped around Wado's sheath.

Yesterday when we were cleaning up the wreckage that the marines caused, Nami found it under a pile of W.A.S.P.

A sorrowful silence fell over the crew when they saw past Mihawk. Like everyone was thinking the same thing. How could the world change someone so much? Ruin something so perfect.

Nami silently placed it in my hand with a tight sympathetic smile.

The chain was broken most likely by those nasty robotic bugs. I went over to Usopp and Frank to see if they could do something about it. Like always Franky said he had a super idea, Usopp stole Wado and they ran off giggling.

The product was a new gold sageo on Wado combined with Arya's locket. Usopp said he used some of the strongest and most unbreakable thread that a princess gave him when he saved her life. I assumed he was talking about Vivi. Franky added it was enforced with small braided chains so that it wouldn't easily break off even if a giant tried to pull it off.

Now I rest Wado on my lap and finger the small gold locket cherishing what I had left of Arya. Admiring her untainted smile she had in the picture.

I am very lucky to be a part of this crew. We take care of each other like family Luffy especially.

The intercom static cuts of my thoughts, "Zoro come on down. We need to figure out a game plan and you need to eat."

It was Nami's bossy voice. I never dared defy her I was already in debt up to my eyeballs. Money grubbing women.

I meet the crew in the dining hall. I sit down between Chopper and Brook and fill my plate.

"Alright." Nami stands waving a fork, "We need a plan to get Arya back!"

Luffy chews on his meat, "Charge in and beats the marines ass. Find Arya. Escape."

Nami sweat drops, "Do you even know where she is or where she is headed?"

Luffy pauses mid chew and smiles with his mouth full, "Nope. That is why you are the ships trusty navigator. Find them."

"It is not that easy!" Nami barks out, teeth turning to fangs.

"We could ask our allies. They are scattered all over the seas they could of seen something." Robin interjects, "If we are going into a marine base it may not be bad to have back up also."

"Good idea Robin." Nami swings the fork. "Franky do you have any clue where Vega Punk's lab would be?"

"Well it is hard to tell. Karakuri Island was on the first half of the Grand Line. Punk Hazard was close to the Red Line. It is hard to tell if he would have gone further in the New World hoping to find new resources or if the World Government wanted him to stay close to headquarters and Impel down." Franky scratches the back of his neck, "Man he may even have more than one lab and rotates labs. It is super hard to tell where she will end up."