Chapter 6

Mamrie is woken up by the smell of crappy coffee

It takes her a moment to realise Grace is standing over her, with two cups of coffee.

"I'm not sure if it's actual coffee, given its thickness, but it should keep you awake."

Mamrie mumbles a thanks as she attempts to drink the tar-like substance. When she manages to take a sip eventually, she glances at Grace. It's blatantly obvious that she hasn't slept since they got here last night. Mamrie also notices her puffy eyes. Her tired, puffy eyes.

Grace's mind is racing. She still can't believe what's happening. While Mamrie isn't as emotional as Grace, she notices the pain in her eyes everytime she looks at her.

While the two are thinking, worrying about each other, a doctor approachs them.

"Were you the two girls who asked for Ms. Hannah Hart?"

Grace swallows.

"Yes. She's not, is she?"

"No. Thankfully, she made it through. We don't know how, but she did, regardless."

A wave of relief swept over Mamrie and Grace. Their friend made it, against all the odds.

"Can we see her? We've been waiting out here all night just to find out if she was even alive."

"She's currently asleep, but you can see her. Just a word of caution: she is still badly injured, so don't stress her if she does wake. She also may have trouble with her memory, so you'll have to be patient. I could give you more warnings, but really, there's too many. I'll show yous to her room."

The two girls are anxious. They don't know what to expect. When they go into her room, Grace and Mamrie does not believe that this is the person they know as Hannah Hart.