Chapter 11

Grace invited Mamrie over for a girl's night

Mamrie was aware of how Hannah has been thanks to Grace and was just as concerned.

Mamrie and Grace were talking and laughing while Hannah was just watching quietly, with that unfocused look in her eye.

Mamrie noticed this.

"Hey Han, are you okay? You seem a bit quiet."

Hannah looked at Mamrie, nodded, then went back to staring into space.

Grace and Mamrie looked at each other, both unnerved by the silence: Hannah was having a bad day.

Grace cautiously approached Hannah.

"Hannah, you doing okay, do you need anything? Hannah please, talk to me?"

Hannah turned to Grace, looking straight into her brown eyes.

"I think I'm gonna turn in. G'night Mamrie. G'night Grace."

She nodded again and got up and went to bed.

"Let me know if you need anything!", Grace shouted.

Mamrie looked at her.

"Well shit! That was fuckin' weird. You sure she's okay?"

"I don't even know anymore. She's been depressed as hell, doesn't see the point in things. I've never seen her like this before. That crash really messed her up"

"Grace, you need to remember, she was one of nine people who survived a plane crash. Those planes can carry a few hundred, easily. You think of all the bodies she saw, dismembered, charred, you name it. She's never getting over that. But she does seem different."

Mamrie is about to continue when her and Grace get that feeling in their stomach. The same sensation they got when the plane crash happened. They look at each other for a moment and run to the spare bedroom.