CHAPTER 1

[AUTHOR'S PERSPECTIVE]

Breaking up with your first loved one is difficult. But breaking up with someone who you're working with and who's been your best friend since your debut just hits differently. The pressure of dating another member from the same group you are in got to Taehyung which finally made him decide to break up with Jungkook. Even before they debuted Taehyung would always spend his time with Jungkook. They've been friends ever since Jungkook was a trainee. When Jungkook debuted, Taehyung decided to not fall in love with another member of the same group. But how can you not fall in love with someone who you feel safe and comfortable with? That's just impossible.

Since the beginning when both of them started dating a week after their debut, everyone wasn't shocked yet everyone was happy that they got together even if it was against the company rules. Taehyung and Jungkook are the type of people to not listen to rules.

Taehyung was so used to being in the shadow but he enjoyed living his life that way. Fans can be so strict when it comes to an idol dating another idol. Idols want their fans to love them as their idol not as their husbands/wives or boyfriends/girlfriends. Idols are humans too! Not something you can toy with and try to seduce over fan meets or anywhere. Idols have the right to fall in love with someone like everyone else does. It's not illegal! Yet some fans are so homophobic and don't like when an idol is dating the same gender. But that's their choice! Not ours! Love is love, and we get to love whoever we want to love! Even if that gay idol gets fired, I think love is more important than some career.

It's been weeks since the breakup and Jungkook has been avoiding Taehyung in every way possible. He just didn't want to face him. Of course, it was difficult for Taeyung to see the older avoiding him, but it isn't making it any better. Hobi started convincing everyone that everyone is coping differently while Jimin convinced everyone that Jungkook was being childish. Believing Hobi, Taehyung thought that it was best to let Jungkook avoid him and give the older some space.

The younger can't help but feel lonely because not only did he lose a boyfriend but a best friend. It became really hard for Taehyung to speak to the other members and staff because most of the time, Jungkook would be there and Taehyung isn't ready to face him again. Taehyung has spent most of his time working at home or in his studio all by himself. He would speak to the other staff only when it's necessary though. Taehyung hasn't spoken much since the breakup and who knows if he's gonna speak to anyone again.

Taehyung was assigned to help Jungkook finish his solo song but Jungkook doesn't know that yet. Someone else was supposed to do it but they were busy and decided to hand it over to Tae. Finishing the song, Taehyung made his way out of his studio and towards his ex-boyfriend's studio which held so many memories of when they were together. Taekook would always spend their time in that studio. Singing, dancing, having sex, playing games, and working.

Once Taehyung reached Jungkook's studio he knocked on the door softly until he heard a soft "Come in" from his ex. Opening the door, Taehyung felt weird coming back to this room, Jungkook's back was facing him so he didn't know that it was Taehyung who entered the studio.

Taehyung: "Your song," Taehyung started, and hearing his voice Jungkook's fingers stopped typing on the keyboard and he felt a big lump in his throat.

Jungkook: "What are you doing here?" He asked him without turning around.

Taehyung: I finished revising your song," Taehyung said before walking up closer to Jungkook to place the paper on the table in front of him. Taehyung's jaw dropped when he saw the older pick up the paper before throwing it into the trash can in front of him.

Jungkook: I don't remember asking you to do it," He spat but Taehyung's eyes were still glued on the paper he had worked on as tears began to pool down his eyes.