Chapter One

A/N

So... chappie one!!! I am pretty sure nobody is reading any of this so let's move on...

~

Lexi

*************************************

"What do you mean the mist is going out?"

"I mean", my mentor Chiron explains, "the mist is fading. Its not hiding monsters, demigods, satyrs, or even this camp anymore. The good news is that it is only gradually fading. The bad news is that the satyrs have been called back to camp. They cant go into schools without being discovered."

I stare at my fellow councilers in disbelief.

Seymonar, the stuffed leopard hanging on the wall, snarled. Nobody threw him a snausage.

We were sitting at the ping-pong table, with cheez-whiz and diet coke, which meant the discussion was serious.

"B-but how can the mist disappear? What will all the half-bloods that aren't in camp do? They'll be slaughtered!" Asked the new Aphrodite counciler, Piper.

"Well we'll go get them right?" I ask.

20 heads turn in my direction.

I should probably explain that even as a senoir councillor I have never been very well respected. Hades isnt the most popular god and I have a very non-violent attatude which you can imagine doesnt sit well in a war camp. Especially when your the daughter of the death god.

"Nessa, we cant go outside of camp without the mist, we'll be killed!" Exclaims Jason, another new kid, though with alot of experience I will admit. Then again a generalisation like that doesnt take alot of brains.

"Well they'll be killed if we don't do something! Look Chiron said its going out eventually, yeah? So how about those who are good at manipulating the mist go on solo quests to collect the unclaimed? The satyrs may not be able to pass as human in a school, but if we set up safe points across the country, we could lead them to the safe points, and the satyrs will take them to camp! Im sure they can do that! We could take volunteer campers. I'll go!" I say excited as the plan formulates in my mind. 20 pairs of eyes stare at me in disbelief.

"I volunteer as tribute!" Leo from the Hephaestus cabin shouts. I glare daggers at him. With my long brown hair, and sharp brown eyes I can look a bit scary.

"You were joking right?" Leo asks nervously.

"No! Somebody needs to help the unclaimed!" I snap at him.

"Well you're right about that. We cant just them get slaughtered." Annabeth says. "Nessa, your plan isn't bad. Except we would need a huge amount of campers to make it happen. I would help but with the mist gone...well I might as well use its advantages." She took a deep breath "Percy could be hidden by the mist... If its disappearing this is the best shot I have at finding him." Everyones eyes slide over to the empty chair next to Annabeth.

"You two cant be serious! The monsters will kill us in a second if we go out there!" Will Solace of Apollo says disbelievingly.

"The monsters will kill unsuspecting halfbloods faster. We have to help, and help fast. The mist will be totally gone soon and without it everyone will be killed." I exclaim. How could they be so selfish! They were once living mortal lives, when a satyr saved them by taking them to camp. If only Percy were here! He would back me up in a second, and everyone listens to him. Percy and I had never been all that close but without a leader this camp is crumbling. Jason wasnt gonna cut it. He's alright but he doesn't understand the ways of camp, and he hasnt been here long enough to really establish leadership. Thinking this and fuming on the inside I slump back in my chair.

Suddenly Piper says "I'll go."

I sit up fast. Finally somebody with sense!

"If the satyrs can do it, why not us? I haven't learn to bend the mist yet but Nessa can teach me."

"Yes, I can! Lets do this!"

"Pipes, its way to dangerous!" Jason exclaims. Great. Leave it to the overprotective boyfriend to ruin everything. With Pipers support i might have been able to convince a few more people.

"I'm going Jason! They need our help! Stay here if you want."

"If you have to go I'm going with you."

I clear my throat loudly to break up the fight. "Piper I can teach you about the mist after the meeting. And Jason, you do realise its safer to go solo when theres no mist around right?" Jason starts to say something, but Piper cuts him off "Great. Who else wants to come?" A few hand go up, Clarisse, from Ares who has been uncharacteristically quiet, and Travis and Connor Stole, from Hermes, who had been whispering in the corner. "Well tell your cabin mates anyways. Can we leave tomorrow Chiron?"

"Very well child. Grover will set up safe points tonight. But be warned: This is quite possibly the most dangerous thing you have ever done. The Mist shields you more than you know."

And on that happy note, the meeting ended.

************************************

A/N

That looks really long on notes but idk how long it really is... anyways i hear a lot of peeps complaining about length so u tell me. Anyways disclaimer!!!!

DISCLAIMER!!!!

Nessa: what the hades lanie!!!! U just had to make the mist that doesn't even belong to u go out didn't u!!!

Me: IM SORRY!!!!! it belongs to Rick Riordan!!!! So does camp half blood and all characters mentioned except nessa!!!!!

Nessa: this disclaimer idea doesn't even belong to u!!!!

Me: I STOLE IT FROM MY MAYBE CUZIN GRACE!!!! IM SORRY!!!!!! though if u r my grace ull be like hey Elena what's up?? And I'll be like GRACIE U NEED TO WATCH DOCTOR WHO!!!!!

Nessa: so I'm the only original thing u came up with huh?

Me: yep. So i can do whatever i want with you... LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!! *runs other way again*

*bows* that is so fun. I hope u r my cuzin grace but u would probably be writing home stuck fanfiction not percabeth. Oh well