Chapter Five

A/N
Ok i will try to get chappie six up soon. I'm sorry for the boringness of this chappie. It's just them talking. I'm sorry I'm so sorry ;) (i just had to do that)
~
Lexi
************************************
Is it? I hadnt noticed!" Exclaimed the Doctor in a mock surprise voice. I stared around the to big room in utter amazement. There were huge crooked supports, that looked like tree branches growing from the floor, and a circular console, with thousands of buttons, leavers, and switches. My eyes couldnt believe the impossible room. Suddenly panic filled my head. The monster was still out there, and i doubted a wooden box would stop it (even if it was bigger on the inside).
"Doctor! we need to get out of here!" I yell angerily. The Doctor ignored me, he was running around the circular console, pressing buttons and flipping switches, finally pulling a silver lever. The box shook and made an odd noise that sounded a bit like a dying goat. He collapsed into a seat and put his white converse shoes on the console.
"Doct-" I begin to say.
"Relax." The Doctor interrupts, "its not just a wooden box. Its a traveling machine. We are now on the other side of the city. Its called the TARDIS, time and relative dimension in space."
"So you're telling me that this, this thing can travel in space?" I ask perplexed.
"Yep! Time as well." He replies cheerfully.
"Ok then. Time machine. Never done that before. That's new." I say trying to hide the fact that I was freaking out on the inside.
"I have a few questions for you Doctor." I say once I had myself under control.
"And I have a few for you." He replied.
"Fine. You answer mine I'll answer yours."
"Deal."
"Who are you?" I ask.
"And that, Nessarose Turner, is the one question I can't answer. " the Doctor said sadly.
"Fine. And it's not Nessarose, just Nessa. Than why did you think I was a monster?" I asked annoyed at his secrecy.
"The word monster seems a bit harsh. I thought you were a Krillitane because you have a perception signal coming off of you. The question I have for you is, what is it hiding?" The Doctor said, narrowing his eyes at me. I felt bewildered. The Doctor was obviously not a mortal. He could tell I had, what he called a "perception signal", which I assumed was his way of saying the Mist. He obviously wasn't a former camper, or he would know what the mist was called. He was much to old (around thirty, if I had to guess), to be a loner half-blood. He would have gotten killed or recruited a long time ago. He wasn't a monster, or he wouldn't have bothered to save me. A god would most likely know what the Mist was called as well.
"I'm a half-blood. A demigod. My father is the greek god Hades. My mother was a mortal named Jane Oswald. Your "perception signal", I say making quotation marks in the air, "is called the Mist. It hides demigods and monsters from the mortals, and from each other . But somethings gone wrong. The Mist is losing it's strength, not hiding us properly anymore." I explain, sure he wouldn't believe any of it. As i expected he looked at me like I was mad.
"You're telling me," he said "that all this time I've traveled around time and space I never even realised that there were gods and monsters around me." He said running his hands through his gravity defying hair.
"But that's the thing," he muttered "you call them monsters, but I know who they are. The krillitane. You call it the Mist, but I call it a perception signal." He muttered to himself.
"THAT'S IT!" He yelled so suddenly and loud that I jumped. Realisation spread across his face, and he jumped out of his chair.
"Don't you see Nessa?", he asked gleefully pacing around like a little kid who had gotten his christmas presents early, "What you and I see are just two different perceptions. You see the Krillitane as monsters while I see them as an alien race! You see the perception signal as "the Mist" while I see it as alien technology! Oh Rose would have-" he stopped his excitement disappearing.
"Who's Rose?" I ask timidly.
"J-just a friend. She, um, s-hes fine. Living with her family. Totally fine." The Doctor said, but it sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than me.
"Anyways", he said, his enthusiasm now gone, "that Kyrillitane was going to kill you. Why? It can't just be for the sake of killing it had to have had a reason." He said collapsing in his seat again.
"It was going to eat me. Remember what it said? 'Good source of nutrition?' The monsters kill halfbloods to eat. We aren't completely hidden by the Mist, especially not now, and the monsters use our magical scent to track us. That's why we have our camp. It's called Camp Half-Blood, and that's how we learn how to fight the monsters. I hate it, but the magical borders keep monsters out so it's the only safe place for me." I confess sadly. "I don't like violence. Killing destroys you after a while. All you can see is your victims faces, even if you know they'll be back to kill more of your friends. It's sick. Most half-bloods don't see it in that way, but I do." I say dejectedly.
"That's why you let him go. You didn't want to kill him. But what do you mean 'they'll be back'? They're dead." The Doctor asked me quietly.
"The monsters never truly die. When they do their essence is sent to Tarturus, a huge pit in Hell. They eventually return. Some take a day, some take a century. But they always come back." I say squeezing my eyes shut. I was exhausted. Answering questions was almost as tiring as fighting monsters. "You said you killed them already, yeah? But when you asked it how it came back, it said "this one knows". That's what he was talking about"
The Doctors eyes grew wide.
"That would explain alot." He said his face full of comprehension
"Ok just one more question." I say.
"Only one? Normally people are full of questions about me." The Doctor says looking a bit amused.
"No just one. Why do you have this machine?" I ask, purely out of curiosity.
"So I can travel all through time and space. Saving civilisations and planets, and generally not interfering!" The Doctor says happily. I laughed at the comical expression on his face, and then sighed.
"All on your own? That doesn't seem too fun, being lonely all the time." I say, frowning.
"Well... normally I've got a friend, a passenger, traveling alongside me. But right now i haven't got anyone." He sighed
"Oh."
"Well, I mean... you're not to happy here are you? If you want to... you could come with me. You did save my life. I could show you the stars, if you'd like." he asked a bit hope full.
My eyes grow wide. A chance to see all of time and space... to escape the hell my life has been sense i learned i was a demigod...
"You mean it? I can come with you?" I ask not believing my ears. His face broke into a grin.
"Please do." He said laughing.
"Thank you!" I say hugging him happily. But there were some unfinished things here on earth.
"Wait. Before we go, I need your help. We need to fix the mist. I can't leave my friends to die, if I have to power to stop it." I say stepping back a bit. "You said it was a signal, but where is the signal coming from?" The Doctor frowned and pulled out his blue tipped metal device.
"I may be able to track it with my sonic screwdriver." He said, pointing the blue top at me and pressing a button on the side. The "sonic screwdriver" made a buzzing noise, and then stopped abruptly.
"Theres not enough signal. I can't trace it!" He said angrily shaking his screwdriver.
"Hold on, I may be able to bend it around me some more"
I tell him. I close my eyes and concentrate hard. Than I snap my fingers and feel the magical shield protect me. The Doctor buzzed his screwdriver at me for a few seconds.
"Got it!" He shouted triumphantly, shoving his sonic screwdriver into a small hole in the console. He pulled a small swivelling tv screen towards him and stared at the pictures on it. He let out a soft "oh" The screen showed circles, large and small, some with lines coming out of them, overlapping.
"What does that mean?" I ask not seeing anything but circles.
"It means the signal is being transmitted from the empire state building."
************************************
A/N
Ok terrible plot twist Ik. But the next chappie has one u guys will never forgive me for. IT'S REALLY BAD!!!!! I'm SORRY!!!!
DISCLAIMER!!!!!
Nessa: Really Elena? You had us talk for an hour? About stuff u don't even own???

Me: yeah sorry Nessa. I don't own anything Doctor Who related like rose the TARDIS perception filters etc...they all go to BBC.

The Doctor: yeah you don't own me!!!! You also don't own anything Percy Jackson related like halfbloods the mist etc...

Me: well sorry for creating you Nessa!!!! I brought u in to this world and i can bring u straight back out!!!!!!!!

Nessa and Doctor: what was that?????

Me: IT'S AN EVEN BETTER DISTRACTION LOOK OVER THERE!!!!!! *runs other direction yet again*

Nessa: she is really odd. And we really have to stop falling for that

Doctor: yeah and she needs to remember to give credit to grace for her disclaimer idea...