Chapter Four

Beard, Ted and Bambi were in the pub reading the notes in the suggestion box, while the two adults were. Bambi was borderline passed out but still had enough energy to half-heartly eat a chip, as she listens to the conversation. Beard was talking about how Sam is down on every stat since leaving Nigeria and how many he's not premiership ready, "maybe he misses his daddy" Bambi mumbled. The two nodded that's a fair observation, Beard learned that he turns 20 on Saturday much to Ted's joy nothing like cheering someone up on their birthday. Most of the content of the box was the word wanker, one choke on a Big Mac and one useful one which was that the shower pressure was rubbish. The lovely owner of the pub Mae walked over holding two beers and a fruit shoot, "don't wanna let them call you a wanker, Ted. It's bad." She advised placing down the drinks for the respective people. Not knowing what a wanker actually is, he asked her, moving behind Bambi so she wouldn't see she made an obscene gesture with her hand.

"What time is it?!" Ted yelled entering the boss's office, Bambi following once again holding two boxes, one pink and one black. "It's biscuits with the boss! time" he exclaimed walking towards her, gently taking the pink box from his daughter and putting it in front of the blonde woman, "Bam". Ted then proceeded to carry on the conversation before about concerts but was interrupted, "Ted, please I can't have you waltzing in here whenever you wish.". However, the coach didn't agree and told her how everyone who works at A.F.C Richmond is a team and teams need to bond. Turns out him and Higgins are having salads in the latter's office for lunch, Bambi was invited but she didn't like salads so was gonna join Roy instead.

While Ted and Beard looked at the shower's water pressure, Bambi made her way over to Roy her puppy blindfold on as she didn't know how dressed everyone was. Luckily for her Sam was holding her hand and leading her to the captain, so she didn't trip or bump into anything. "Roy!" she yelled, gaining his attention along with the whole room, "Hello Bambi" he greeted before taking off her blindfold as the boys were all dressed. She held up the box of biscuits, he took them smiling and thanking her. "How come we don't get any biscuits?!" Isaac semi-yelled not wanting to scare the small girl but also those shortbreads look delicious. "Roy's my favourite, he's nice and it's funny when he swears" she answered much to the other's shock, "how do we become your favourite?" Colin asked. Roy growled slightly but enough that the others stopped pestering about being her favourite, "don't worry you'll always be my favourite" Bambi leaned into his arm.

Ted and Beard left the shower room before letting Sam know that Higgins wanted him upstairs, once Nate saw that Sam wasn't in sight, he shut the door. Ted then yelled at the guys to listen and that it was Sam's birthday on Saturday so he was thinking that everyone chip in so that they could get Sam something nice. "So, Bambi will be coming round with another impressive box" he told them as Bambi got up and Roy got the box out of his locker that he put in there for safekeeping. The new box was pink, had spots and a giant eye on one side, the other side was dark grey with smaller spots and a neater eye. "Roy helped; he did this side" Bambi announced to her daddy pointing at the dark grey side which screamed Roy. Bambi then made her way around the room starting with Isaac and Colin. They put money through his mouth, Bambi stopped in front of Jamie.

Jamie hadn't interacted with Bambi that much as she was either always with her dad, Beard or Roy. He always had a soft spot for kids and this particular kid was adorable, she was small with long brown hair and large eyes that he only noticed now were different colours. The left one was chocolate brown, and the right one was half brown and half blue, so instead of being a prick he took out the money and put it in the box's mouth. "Your side is better than granddads" he whispered like it was a secret, but it did its purpose as Bambi laughed before moving on again. After everyone contributed, she took the box to her dad before sitting down next to Roy.

Ted went to Rebecca's office to see if she had any idea on how to get through to Jamie, she didn't know but she suggested he go and talk to Keeley. Not realizing that she had a motive that wasn't the nicest, happy with her idea he gave her a little green army man. A care package from Henry arrived for Ted and Bambi containing small army men, a homemade kazoo, Ted's favourite barbeque sauce and Bambi's favourite sweets. He left her with an army man with a gun that he faced towards the door to protect her from the reporters, making Rebecca feel a twinge of guilt and regret.

Taking her advice Ted made his way to Keeley's photo shoot where she was dressed in a gold dress, her hair was a controlled mess. She held a bottle of vodka and petted a man dressed in green which would be edited into a lion, well the question about a lion or panda made more sense now. Keeley spotted him and got up to greet him, "so you went with the lion, gotta admit I'm a little hurt" he teased, she then told him it was a better look than the panda. Both their attention went to the model dressed like a panda with black smudges round her eyes, deciding to get food they then sat down with Ted giving her bites, so she didn't ruin her claws. "I wanted to ask you about Jamie" he admitted, "what would you say motivated him?" he asked. "Blowjobs" Keeley responded instantly, "is there a second option," Ted asked again not seeing blowjobs as an option. Luckily, she let him know that he also responds well to positive reinforcement. They finished their conversation about Jamie as Ted continued to give Keeley bites of her burger, neither of them knowing that their pictures were being taken as he removed some ketchup from her face.

"Richmond" was being chanted in the stadium as it was the match vs crystal palace. In the locker room Jamie was doing his hair while the others got ready, Ted and Beard reminded them about speed on the outside. "Happy birthday Sam!" Ted yelled as the others cheered, Nate came in pushing a cart with presents and a cake on it. They got him a framed poster and some of his favourite Nigerian snacks, Sam was beaming as he thanked them all. Ted made his way over but was beaten by Bambi who rugby tackled his legs and held up a box of biscuits. "ahh the famous biscuits, thank you" he bent down and hugged her back, Ted then stepped forward and told him happy birthday again. Sam asked about the green army man that was put in the gift bag, Ted told him that it was to keep him safe and protected. "Give me a fucking break" Jamie cut in ruining the moment, he then apologized but it was anything but sincere.

As Ted stepped out on the pitch along with Beard the crowd started chanting 'wanker', it wasn't just the crowd surrounding the pitch. In the pub, the customers were also chanting along. Rebecca was nodding along until she remembered that Bambi was next to her, she was between Higgins and herself as Ted didn't want her on the pitch. "OI! Give him a chance" Mae yelled shutting up the entire room, Richmond lost 1-4.

The boys piled into the locker room looking down, some looked mad (Roy). The TV in the room hit a nerve in one of the players when a commentator stated that Richmond's only bright spot was Sam's defence play. "Only bright spot! The score would've been 0-4 if it wasn't for me, you miserable old pricks" Jamie yelled at the screen until his score was mentioned then he yelled thank you at the screen with wild hand gestures. "Jamie. Real quick" Ted motioned to his office, the young player perched on the desk, hands rolled in his top. "I haven't known you that long but... I can honestly say you're the best athlete I've have ever coached." Ted told him softly it obviously wasn't what Jamie expected as he stood up from the desk and told him that he worked hard. "I see it. You are truly great at everything you do out there. Except for one thing." He carried on, "my left foot cross?" Jamie guessed but that wasn't the right answer. Ted then told Jamie what George never told him that he may think he's one in a million but he's actually one in eleven, and if he could change the 'me' in 'us' then for him the sky's the limit. Jamie left the office not sure how to feel.

Roy however, knew exactly what he was feeling, "That was fucking embarrassing!" he yelled as he threw a water bottle on the floor with a lot of strength behind it. He then turned to Nate, "oh...I am equally livid" the kitman told him unconvincingly before elbowing and breaking the glass window behind him. "Good lad" he nodded before walking off to the shower, shocked but pleased by the improved water pressure.

The locker room quickly become filled with music and everyone was eating cake, everyone except Jamie who was still thinking about what Ted told him. A body began leaning on him, he turned to snap at them but stopped when he realised it was Bambi, who left Higgins and Ms Welton to join them. "I liked your goal" she told him, making him smile in appreciation. "Are you sad?" she asked, he didn't know how to reply as he didn't know himself, "would you feel better if you hugged Derek?" she offered holding up the wolf she never was without. "I'm alright but thank you. I bet he gives excellent hugs" he turned down, she nodded in agreement they were good hugs.

Jamie left Richmond not noticing that Trent Crimm from the independent was leaning on the wall, waiting for him. "Jamie, that was uh quite a beating today. How are you taking the loss?" Trent asked, getting off the wall and walking towards him. Jamie turned around and told him what Ted told him, that he was one in eleven. He then walked off before hearing some fans saying they were rubbish, he angrily turned around before telling Trent he was taking it hard and how the rest of the team was celebrating and eating cake.