Chapter ten

Today was an important day for both Jamie and Roy, today was their "date". Neither of them had a clue what was in store for them, Roy assumed it was the ususal princess and dragons with ice cream. Turns out he was wrong as Phoebe and Bambi both giggled and told him they had a different idea, leaving him as clueless as Jamie.

"Do you have any idea what they're up to?" Jamie asked from his place on Roys sofa, he arrived half an hour ago but was told that he'd have to wait a while longer so the girls could finish setting up. "Not a fucking clue" Roy grunted next to him, before either one could speak again Bambi yelled that they were ready. They both stood up and made their way towards the stairs. "Not gonna lie mate i'm a bit nervous" Jamie admitted, Roy grunted which Jamie took as a me too.

"Since you were nervous uncle Roy, we decided to princess and dragons with a twist" Phoebe announced as her and Bambi grinned widely. "Me and Jamie are going to be the dragons and you two are going to be the princesses?" Roy asked in unusal hopeful voice, "No!" both girls yelled much to his disappointment. Jamie snorted at his captains face before his own fell realising that he's not going to be a dragon only leaving princess. "Jamie, this is for you" Bambi handed him a pile of clothes and accessories as Phoebe handed Roy his own pile.

Jamie and Roy looked at each other wearily before making their way to the bathroom to change. Roy was pleasantly surprised he didn't have a princess outfit, while prince was no dragon at least it was more him. He made his way back to the girls when he stopped dead, he may of been a prince but Jamie was a princess. A professional althelete should not look that good in a tutu and tiara. "How come he gets to be a prince" Jamie whined as he looked (checked out) Roy, "cause you are prettier than him" Bambi explained. "Thanks darling" Jamie preened, Roy rolled his eyes but didn't argue. "Me and Bambi are going to be the dragons holding Jamie captive and uncle Roy you have to save him" the older of the two girls explained.

They played the game which was more like an improv play, Roy wouldn't admit it but it was more fun with Jamie there. Plus he made a pretty convicing princess, he was dramatic and played the part shockingly well much to the girls joy. It ended with Roy carrying Jamie bridal style, thankfully Jamie was lighter than he looked making it easier on Roys poor knee.

"So was this worth £25,000" Jamie joked with his toungue hanging out, "i will drop you" "No you wouldn't". Just when they thought it was over and they got to have ice cream Roy finally got his answer to his earlier question of why the girls were giggling. "Now it's time for your wedding!" they cheered, Roy nearly dropped Jamie in shock making him yelp and cling tighter to Roys neck. "The prince and princess always get married in the end of the film" Bambi explained, Jamie looked at the man carrying him and the girls before staring at the older man again. "I could worse" he nodded not wanting to admit that he'd had a crush on Roy since he was fifteen maybe even younger, "you do look a lot prettier than most my exes" Roy's answer made Jamie blush like he never had before.

Once Jamie was placed down they all made their way downstairs, where in the living room was a little alter, streamers and banners. "Mummy helped!" Phoebe exclaimed in happyiness, Roy closed his eyes knowing that Ruth was going to tease him when they were alone. Bambi handed Jamie a bouqeut of flowers, a veil that clipped into his hair and a black metal ring. "This is proper fancy" Jamie praised making Bambi smiled widely, "my daddy brought them for you". "How many people know about this pretend wedding?" Roy asked dreading the answer, "four, Sam brought food and Richard brought you guys wine". Roy thought that wasn't a bad number and at least there will be food and alcohol, Phoebe gave her uncle a flower pin and a black and gold metal ring.

The game continued the two said their vows, even though Jamie was a bit put out that he didn't have time to prepare. It was a simple but in Roys opinion lovely speech that made him have a feeling, making it easier for him to say his own fake vows but the words were real. Roy stared at the young footballer, Jamie wasn't what he seemed. He was smart, smarter than anyone gave him credit for, talented,beautiful, good with kids. But most of all he was sweet, granted once you got past the prick part but Roy wasn't innocent he started just as many of the fights between them that Jamie did. Before he could register what he was doing he was kissing him but to his shock Jamie was kissing back, after they pulled back they looked at each other not one ounce of regret showing. "Want to go on a date? a real one, preferable where i don't have to spend 25 grand" Roy asked, Jamie nodded enthusiasticly "yes please". Roy laughed and kissed him again before he remembered that they had an audiance, the two primary schoolers were wearing smug smiles and high fived each other.

Wasn't expecting this to get so romantic, sorry I haven't been updating but my laptops broke and I need it for Apple TV and prefer writing on a computer than phone. The next chapter will be longer, thank you for your comments and patience ❤️