Chapter Five

Ted and Bambi walked towards her new primary school; the uniform was new to her having worn her own clothes. She was very nervous not only because it was new people but also cause Daddy advised her not to bring Derek, so she doesn't lose him. Bambi only agreed to leave him behind if he took Derek to work so that Roy could watch him. "It's okay pumpkin, you'll make lots of new friends" he reassured but she still didn't move, a young blonde girl with pigtails who looked 2 years older than Bambi come up to them.

She offered to take Bambi to her class, the two hit it off and walked away while talking about wild animals. Ted was the one who didn't move this time, tearing up at the sight of Bambi's first day of school.

Ted went to Rebecca's office for biscuits with the boss rambling on about big ben and the biggest clocks he's ever seen. After being dismissed he went off to find Roy, he was in the locker room of course. "Hey Roy, Bambi wanted me to give you these" he held out a black box to the captain who looked around for her, "where's Bambi" he grunted. "First day of school luckily it's a half day, so I'll pick her up during lunch" Ted explained making Roy nod in understanding. Ted then remembered and reached around into his backpack and pulled out Derek before handing him out, "Bambi asked that you look after Derek today". The footballer took the wolf and nodded, Jamie started laughing causing Isaac and Colin to join in. "Shut it! You lot are telling me that if Bambi asked you to watch Derek, you'd refuse" he yelled still holding the mentioned teddy. They mumbled apologies as they knew if she asked, they'd also watch the wolf.

"Ted! Hey, have you got a minute?" Keeley yelled down the hallway after saying goodbye to her boyfriend, he made his way down to her asking if everything was okay. She waited until he was closer before telling him that everything was shit, showing him a picture of them which was supposed to be today's front page of the Sun. Keeley then began going on about how it can be held one day as a guy owed her a favour but tomorrow it would be out, and that Jamie will go nuts. She then went on to start coming up with other headliners that all rhymed and were catchy. They decided to go to Rebecca with the logic that if anyone could stop the Sun, It was her. Once the model went on about how she was gonna find the piece of shit who took the photo and the person who hired them. Rebecca stepped in and promised to have them stop it, much to the relief of the other two.

Ted and Beard decided to try out Nate's idea which worked perfectly, before making the boys run two laps of the field whoever didn't beat the coaches had to run four.

During lunch Ted ran over to the primary school and picked up Bambi who ran to him and hugged him tightly. "is everything alright pumpkin?" he asked, worried that she wasn't happy at her new school. His worries were eased as Bambi rambled on about her new friend, they weren't in the same class because of the age difference but they hung out during break.

Seeing the boys on the field Bambi dropped her backpack and raced towards Roy, who saw her coming and was prepared for her ambush. She leapt at him, hugging him round the neck as he caught her. "I missed you" she told him pulling back and smiling at him, Roy smiled back at her "I missed you too". "I'm not the only one who misses you, so did Derek" he pointed at the stuffed wolf that was sitting on the drinks table with a whistle around its neck.

Once there were only fifteen minutes left of practice, Roy grabbed a spare ball and some cones and began to teach her to dribble while asking her questions about school. She gleefully told him that she made a friend, but they weren't in the same class as she was older, "we both even want to work with wildlife!" Bambi exclaimed, at this Roy had a feeling he knew who this new friend was, and he couldn't be happier about it. "What's her name?" "Phoebe" Confirming his suspicion he laughed much to her surprise, he quickly explained that her new friend was his niece.

After practice was over the boys made their way to the locker room, Isaac and Colin were bullying Nate. Roy watched with annoyance and anger on his face while James had a smile as he watched what was happening. "one last thing there are some gifts up in y'alls locker" Ted let them know making them all look up and open the lockers wanting to know what the gift was. They pulled out the wrapped gifts, some of the players shook them, once open it was a book but each one was different to match the players. "it's a book" Jamie stated the obvious before scoffing and throwing it on the raised platform, he then threw his jersey at Nate calling him a bitch boy. Roy had enough, "I thought you'd should know that your boy Nathans been harassed every single day by Jamie and his little...side pricks" he informed but much to his shock and anger Ted wasn't going to do anything.