Da Couch

You were going to go to a fancy restaurant. You were going to eat expensive pasta and salad. You were going to gorge yourself in pistachio and rosewater ice cream. Instead, you were sitting at his place with the roads flooded from the rain.

You decided to make the best of it and finish some work you had while you were stuck inside. You sat on your couch with your laptop position in front of you. You rubbed your eyes out of exhaustion. How had you spent 3 hours on this but gotten so little done? You sighed, wishing you were sipping on expensive champagne instead of nursing a headache from staring at your computer.

"Hey baby," You heard his angelic voice before you saw him. You swore he had a sixth sense for when you sighed. "You still doing that... proposal thingy?" He asked, stretching his arms as he walked over to you. He plopped down next to you, placing one of his arms around you and gently caressing up and down your arm.

"Yep," You groaned. "I just can't seem to get any work done and this stupid headache isn't helping." You huffed out, massaging your temples.

He looked at you, his soft hair illuminated by the lamp next to you.

"You should lay down; relax a little." He said, leaning back and stretching once more.

You look around confused.

"Babe... I'm not sure if you noticed but this couch won't exactly fit both of us if I'm laying down." You gesture towards the small couch, attempting to reason with your boyfriend. His only response was to give you a cheeky smile.

"Just lie on my lap." He answered, making you blush slightly.

"You sure? What if I fall asleep?"

"What if you do? It's not like we have anywhere to be tomorrow." He made a pretty good point, seeing as neither of you had work in the morning. Plus, the thought of getting up and going all the way back to your room sounded utterly exhausting.

You smile, pulling your legs up onto the couch and placing your head onto his lap. Surprisingly enough, his lap was one of the most comfortable places ever. He gently traced your facial features; your jaw, your nose, and your lips. He eventually settled on stroking your hair, admiring it as he went.

You stretched your legs as you shifted closer to him, causing small moans to escape your mouth. He chuckled, shifting himself on the couch to allow you to rest more easily.

"You comfy?" He asked, very obviously about falling asleep himself.

"Mmhmm." You could feel his muscles relax under your touch and you let a small smile creep onto your face. You both fell into the comfortable silence of sleep.