what's going on

Konosuba/Re: Zero. Kazuma Satou, Subaru Natsuki. Chapter 1: The newbie and the veteran.

Let us go back to the day Subaru was summoned to the kingdom of Lugnica only this time Kazuma gets sucked into the same world as Subaru after having spent some time in Axel. Therefore Subaru will only have return by death, while Kazuma has basically all his abilities from the end of light novel 9. Subaru has positive expectations, while Kazuma already knows how shitty living in a fantasy world can really be. So let us see how this duo will overcome their challenges.

You know I had a feeling today was going to be shitty, but I thought it would at the very least involve Aqua, Megumin or Darkness to some extent. I did not expect to be sucked into another world while in Wiz's shop. Luckily I still understand the language and writing automatically, let me do a check of myself.

Kazuma's notes:

Me

Usefulness: High, since I am versatile

Intelligence: Above average

Naïve: HELL NO

Equipment: Katana(Chunchunmaru), Bow and 0 x arrows, thief mask, Mithril alloy rope + extra rope.

Age: 17, birthday on June 7

Cheat item/ability: No, Aqua isn't around.

What is that guy doing, and is that a tracksuit. I would bet he is from Japan, oh please don't tell me he is a newbie.

"Hey, you want to tell me why you have your arm pointing to the road?" I asked the guy, he might be from Japan, since his clothing is sticking out like a sore thumb.

"Eh, I was just doing some stretches," he tried to excuse himself, but he was clearly lying.

"You were trying to cast magic, weren't you," I accused which instantly turned his face into a deep red color, which could make a tomato envious.

"N-no, like I said I was just doing some stretches," he again tried to wriggle himself out of the embarrassing moment, how prideful could this guy be? Just admit it already.

"You are from Japan right?"

"How did you know that!?" He yelled at me in shock.

"You have a tracksuit on, and I am also from Japan, name is Kazuma Satou," I explained going for a handshake.

"Eh, my name is Subaru Natsuki," he returned the handshake with a smile as the shock started to fade away.

"Ok, I take it you were just summoned since you made an utter fool of yourself," I guessed which he nodded too.

"So are you supposed to be my mentor and tell me about how this world works?" He hopefully queried.

"Nope! I was just summoned into this world as well, I don't know shit about this world," I quickly shot him down, I am not going to babysit some newbie.

"But you have a bow and a katana, that is not something you just walk around with in Japan, you have to have some experience,"

"I do have experience, but not with this world, I was messing with an item from my friend's shop, and boom I am suddenly in another world, AGAIN!" I explained to him.

"Oh, ok, so we are going to be like a duo exploring the world together?" He said hopefully.

"Suuure, we can be a duo, how much damage can you take?" I asked

"Ehm, I can take average damage, maybe a little bit more since I train every day," He answered honestly

"Great, do you have any items with you from your world, or have you been granted any cheat items by let's say a goddess?" I continued to question the guy as I scribbled down.