th village attack

Chris' POV

"Hey, wake up, ugh, what is wrong with him, Al stay here I got more important stuff to do," I can't deal with Aqua-senpai yelling in my ear right now, I just need a few more minutes of peace.

"Yes, I will inform him of the potential spotting of his friend," A male voice responded, wait a second. I ripped my head up from the comfortable bed I was laying down in, and looked frantically around the room. It took a second, but I remembered where I was, and why I was here.

"Look at that, you are finally awake," The man with a helmet on his head said as he stood at the end of my bedside.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I immediately asked, wondering how much time I might have lost from the time battle.

"Well, I don't know exactly but you were asleep when Priscilla came in to check on you, and that was two hours ago, no, wait that is not what is important, a man-"

"Fitting the description I gave you was spotted traveling south-east towards Cramlin, yeah let's go," I said while forcing myself out of the oh-so-comfortable bed, I might have been a little unsteady on my feet, but I wouldn't need to stand for very long, just until I got to the carriage and then I could continue to rest.

"Eh, ok then, let's go," He agreed to that very quickly, I guess he must be used to it with a mistress like Priscilla.

Subaru's POV

Ok, try to remember what happened Subaru, it all happened fast but you remember other things than what happened in the well. Ugh, just thinking about it freaks me out, and makes me shiver. I saw Kazuma and Felt getting attacked by a big dog while standing with the children. Then something huge ripped out of the forest and then Kazuma got us into the well.

Fuck, he is not just an asshole, he actually tried to save me, and it was actually pretty cool. It's so unfair, he has so many cool abilities, while I just have this bullshit shadow magic, which is just a bunch of debuffs. I can't even use a bow and arrow. I just feel so… useless.

Beatrice's POV

"Are you feeling better, I wonder?" I asked calmly as I brushed my hand through his brown hair, with a little bit of mana flowing through my fingers, the healing attempt had the opposite effect.

"Y-yeah, the headache is manageable now, thanks," He said before he fell asleep again.

1h and 22 min earlier

"My head feels like it is being smashed in with a sledgehammer," Kazuma complained as I floated him onto my bed.

"You will be fine, I suppose" I reassured him while summoning forth a ball of water and placing it on his head before I started my healing magic.

"FUUUCK!" He screamed out before he stopped making sounds.

"Kazuma, are you ok?" I nervously asked as I got close and listened to his breathing. It was strained, but luckily it was also steady. He seemed to have a positive reaction to getting some of my mana, maybe I should try a minimal amount.

{Mana drain} just a tiny amount, if his breathing changes for the worse I will stop. But his strained breathing started to ease, so I kept it up. So not a physical headache, it has to be something else.

Back to present

I leaned down to his head resting on my lap, and whispered into his ear, "Please be that person, I suppose,"

BANG! The door was suddenly slammed open as the thin little girl burst into the room. I didn't even bother to ask how she got in here. I just gave her my usual deadpan stare, while my hand brushed through his hair.