other side

Eris' POV

I had been a little bored lately, so when Kazuma dropped by and was killed, AGAIN, I thought it would be the normal stick of, "Hey, I am dead now, let us talk until Aqua comes and revives me," I did not expect this.

"So, I think I got my head chopped off, again," Kazuma told me in a tired tone, as he stroked his neck.

"Ok, where did you die this time?" I asked him with a smirk.

"Someplace, called Lugnica," He said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Wait what? Where is Lugnica? How did you end up there?" I had so many questions, and saying I was shocked would be an understatement.

"You tell me, I have no clue where I died, I was in Wiz's shop one moment and the next I am suddenly standing next to this guy that is doing a weird pose in the middle of a busy street," Frustration was clear on his face as he explained.

"Ok, Kazuma I am going to see if I can find a world with a place called Lugnica, just stay calm," I tried to calm him, as I started to look for a world with a place called Lugnica.

"Oh, yeah and that guy I met on the street was also from Japan, his name was Subaru Natsuki, but he seemed to be taken directly from Japan and he said he never met any gods or goddesses," Kazuma rambled on as I still couldn't find any world with a place called Lugnica.

"Wait, you said he was taken out of his world without going to heaven first?" I asked nervously.

"Yes, and he didn't have any cheat items or abilities as far as I could tell," Kazuma answered.

"But that would mean someone or something similar in power to the gods dragged him there," I said now looking more intensely through the universe to find a world matching Kazuma's description, but I found nothing, nothing at all. It was like the world didn't exist or rather, someone or something didn't want us gods to know that it exists.

"Figuring it out?" He asked casually, he is the only mortal I can ever remember being so casual with gods and goddesses.

"I can't find the world you died in, which means it is hidden from us gods," I parted with my information to him.

"Yeah, but what does that mean for me now? I am dead, do I get reincarnated in Japan, can I go back to Axel with the others or must I go to heaven?" I could see Kazuma was hoping for the 2nd option, but without Aqua it would be impossible.

"I am sorry Kazuma, but the only options you have now are between reincarnating to Japan or sending your soul to heaven," I managed to tell him, without my voice faltering.

"I… see, could you give me a moment to decide?" Kazuma said as he turned away from me.

"Take the time you need Kazu-"

I was interrupted by the sounds of the barrier to heaven being broken, as a black hand burst into the room and grabbed ahold of Kazuma. This thing was trying to drag Kazuma out of heaven by force, like a DEMON!

"E-ERIS WHAT IS THIS THING, HELP ME!" Kazuma yelled out in panic.

"BEGONE DEMON!" I roared as I shot forward and cut the hand into pieces.

"Pugh, you saved me Eris, thanks, do you know what that thing was?" Kazuma asked snapping me out of my rage, how dare such filth even try to wander into a holy place like this.

"Ah, you know just doing my job, can't have some dark forces dragging you down to hell when you are supposed to pick between reincarnation or heaven," I told him, in my most casual tone.

"T-that thing would have dragged me down to h-hell?" he asked, now clearly frightened.

"Most likely yes, but you don't have to worry, it must have been strong since it got through the barriers, but it is not like there can be any more of them," I told him as I playfully punched him in the arm.