addiction p1

Chris' POV

"Hey, you in the dress, could you help me?" I prodded as I landed next to her.

"Why would I even bother to do something like that with filth like you?" She asked in a snarky tone. Given her attitude, I guess she's a noble or someone with a higher social status. On another note, she sounded exactly like Aqua, which startled me more than I could admit.

"Ehm," I said, not sure how to respond, a little put off by her voice.

"What, have you been stunned speechless by my unparalleled beauty?," she said smugly. Wow, she even acted in a similar fashion to Aqua. Hopefully, I could get her to help me in some way, at the very least reveal some more about this world to me.

"I need some help finding my friend who went missing about a week ago," I relayed, but she kept walking, barely paying any attention to me.

"Prithee tell, what would I be given in exchange for giving you this divine help, that you so desperately need?" Bitch please, I'm the divine here, but telling her that won't exactly help me, but rather...

"Hmm, maybe my enchanted dagger, that is specially crafted to cut through demons with ease," I said as I pulled it out of its scabbard, letting her get a good look at it.

"That sorry dagger of yours is barely worth enough to earn you 3 minutes' worth of my time, much less my help," Her scornful voice was aggravating, but I knew she wanted it from that hungry look flashing through her eyes when she glanced at it.

"How about this then, are you willing to bet half a day of your help, while I bet this dagger of mine, in a round of rock, paper, scissors," My proposal, was returned by a triumphant grin that she tried to hide behind her fan, but from that alone, I knew she was pretty confident about winning.

"Oh my, if you wanted to just give me the dagger, you should've just said so without wasting my time, no need to hide your embarrassment of giving me a gift behind an unwinnable bet like that, boy," Oh, oh no, you didn't just say that I am so going to enjoy winning against you.

"So I take it you accept my bet, given your confident attitude?"

"Fine, I'll humor you, since the dagger caught my interest," She agreed as she presented her knitted fist.

"Ok then, Rock, paper, scissors!" I said as I presented my "paper" to her "rock".

Her face was completely priceless as she stared at the result in disbelief, even better than when I beat Kazuma. Always fun to beat the most confident ones at their own game, or rather show them a true master of luck.

"Impossible, that should be impossible! Again, let's go again, you had to have cheated somehow, I'll see to it that this doesn't happen again!" She yelled at me as she got ready for another throw-down.

"Double or nothing, yeah I am game," I smugly replied as I proceeded to upgrade my 1 day of help to search for Kazuma, to an entire year, as well as a pouch of money to keep shut about me winning against her all 17 times in a row. With the added bonus of being able to stay in her mansion for as long as we were searching for him.

Subaru's POV

My face was cold as I forced my eyes open. I was met with the sight of black and white tiles as I drifted my eyes upwards to see Beatrice standing by her bed, where Kazuma was resting. Wait, is she brushing her hand through his hair!?

"What are you doing to him?" I asked innocently, but it came out groggy and confused.

However, the moment I said those words, Beatrice raised her left hand towards me.