Stray

Y/n awakened just the same as he always had...

By getting out of bed and immediately downing thirteen gallons of coffee, killing himself about seven gallons in, then being resurrected just to finish off the rest.

The caffeine was a fucking requirement. Especially for what was coming.

He pulled his robes on, choosing a more refined style than normal, then he headed out to find Modernia. Thankfully she was just lying on the couch reading a comic that Malice had transmatted over from the city.

Y/n: "Marian. C'mon, we've gotta go somewhere."

Modernia gazed up at him before quickly getting up and following him with a curious look on her face as they walked to the elevator. A few Nikkes gave them rather incredulous looks as they passed by, but ultimately Y/n was most concerned by the meeting.

After a few minutes of transit, the two arrived at Andersen's office. Y/n took a breath before knocking the door.

Andersen: "Come in."

Y/n pushed the door open and found Ingrid and Andersen standing by the desk.

Andersen: "Ah, good. You're on time. And I see you've brought Modernia like I asked."

Modernia tilted her head as Andersen spoke.

Y/n: "Who is this?"

Y/n motioned to the woman standing next to Andersen's desk. An authoritative looking woman who regarded him professionally.

???: "My name is Ingrid. I'm Elysion's CEO. I'm here because Modernia was an Elysion Nikke. I brought her design specs."

Ingrid handed Y/n a file and he skimmed through it, his gaze softening as he saw the specs

Y/n: "I see. So why did you call us here?"

Andersen: "Simple. We want to examine Modernia. Get a understanding of what happened to her. If we can understand what makes a heretic, we can prevent it."

Ingrid: "I'll take her in for an examination. Shouldn't take any more than an hour. Maybe two if we find something."

Y/n: "Well it doesn't take a genius to find mental regression as a result of the nanomachines in her brain being fried."

Ingrid: "Be that as it may, I still want to take her in for an examination. It won't be anything intrusive, a few scans of her brain and a systems check to ensure there's no lingering rapture code."

Y/n hesitated, but ultimately, if Elysion was Marian's original designer, then they would know her systems best. As such, he allowed Ingrid to proceed with her examinations.

While Modernia was being scanned and tested, Y/n decided to take a stroll around the Ark. He still needed an excuse to explore properly, considering his last trip had ended prematurely due to a bomb explosion.