The Warlock, The Nun, and The Jellyfish

Y/n squinted his eyes as the elevator ground to a halt. The doors slid open and sunlight flooded in as the counters squad finally reached the surface.

Y/n: "Alright, Rapi. I'd like you to take point. Your weapon has an ACOG scope of some description so I want to take advantage of that. Don't stray too far though."

Rapi nodded as she strode ahead of the others, though not by much.

Y/n: "Neon, you and Anis remain at the rear."

Neon: "Huh? Why?"

Y/n: "Because I've worked with shotgun apes before and I trust Anis to hold you back. Marian, you stay in the middle."

Modernia nodded enthusiastically as she walked forwards with Rapi. Y/n, Neon, and Anis followed closely behind.

Anis: "So you're already getting into the role of commander, eh?"

Y/n: "I wouldn't say that. I'm treating this like a scouting mission back home."

Anis: "Home, eh? What was it like?"

Y/n: "I've already told you about the city, haven't I?"

Anis: "Yeah, but I wanna hear about some of the other places you've been. Like, what's it like on Venus?"

Y/n chuckled as he thought back to his time as a new-light guardian, sifting through the libraries of the Ishtar collective. Darting in and out of bookshelves like a crack addled hunter. Of course, he lacked the signature all-black, "so edgy that you could feel the razor just by looking" style that hunters seemed to enjoy, but at the time he made do with what he had.

He chuckled, comparing what he used to wear to what he adorned himself with now. He had swapped the old worn rags for armour which had a feathered motif. His helmet was a gold-brass colour with dark grey plumage emerging from each side of his head. His robes were also feathered, but they transitioned to a very light grey towards the bottom. His gauntlets however were the sunbracers. Their draconic appearance was amplified by the orange lines of energy that thrummed softly on the back of his hands.

 Their draconic appearance was amplified by the orange lines of energy that thrummed softly on the back of his hands

Y/n: "Venus is interesting. Its skies are a kind of dirty green and the landscape is kind of like an arid wasteland and a tropical rainforest all rolled into one. It's... difficult to describe normally."

The guardian let out a content sigh under his helmet.

Y/n: "Venus was where humanity's collective knowledge was brought together in the Ishtar collective. The Ishtar Academy campus was one of the main focal points of humanity's golden age brilliance."

Neon: "So it was kinda like M.M.R. Vocational academy but for regular people?"

Y/n: "I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Sometimes, I wish I could access those old records. See why I was amongst the rubble."

Anis: "Amongst the rubble?"

Y/n: "Yeah. I was resurrected by Malice in the ruins of the Ishtar Commons. My skeleton was crushed under a Fallen skiff."