Alone Again

Hands softly pat my back as the sobs continued to rocket out of me uncontrollably. From the fringes of my conscious I heard Jake's dad sit next to me as he waited for my cries to finally abate.

Aftet long minutes my body finally got over the shock and relief.  Wiping my eyes and nose, I glanced over at the Alpha in embarrassment.

"Sorry... I just... Never expected to finally be free..." emotion pressed against my throat, cutting me off from thanking him properly.

Looking down at me, he smiled a gentle, but tired smile. Letting out a generous yawn, he spoke, "It's fine, I completely understand."

Standing up he brushed his pants off and put his hand out with an easy lopsided grin in place.

It'd been so long since a gentle hand had been offered me. I didn't even know when the tears had started to fall, but I only noticed when he bent down on front of me and wiped them away; a kind, fatherly, look gazed at me.

Embarrassment welled up in me. Before I could look away Jake's dad held my chin firmly and leveled his gaze at me, sympathy and some emotion I didn't recognize pouring out.

"I could never guess at how you're feeling, but I can imagine what you've gone through. I want you to know that not a lot of people would have helped my son as you did in your situation. Because of this, my pack and I are forever indebted to you. If you have nowhere to go, or... If you want to stay, we will all welcome you with open arms. My mate and I especially. I want you to know too... That we will never stop looking for the pack that did this to you and my son. I also want you to know that you're safe here with us. I will personally make sure that that never happens to you again. You have my word as an Alpha of the Lunis Light pack."

Relief poured through my tired body again. Followed by a warmth that swam and flowed through my veins and enveloped me in a warm blanket like feeling. Safe. Four words I had been dying to hear for every month, day, and hour, of my captivity.

I was safe. I. Was. SAFE. Tiredness bogged me down like a brick wall my eyes slipping down against my will as I tried to stay awake, the time being later then I thought. Looking up at Jake's dad with my heavy eyes, I reached out and took his offered hand.

Smiling even more, Jake's dad hoisted me up so I was standing. When I wobbled he  grasped me quickly and carried me tenderly and safely in his arms.

I didn't even notice we had gone inside until my head touched the pillow, my head sinking into the warmth, and my foggy brain going into a cozy delirium.

A sudden dread flooded through my senses, tearing my eyes open, I looked around me in a frenzy trying to find the source of my dread. My eyes felt like sandpaper, and I couldn't see my surroundings clearly. I felt hands moving out from underneath my legs and my eyes snapped over and found the looming shape of man.

My heart stopped in fear at the thought of him placing me on a bed. Images began pouring into my mind like physical stones, each striking at my confidence and sanity.  Fear skyrocketed through me like a bomb. Throwing my hands out I shoved the disgusting hands of the man away from me, and let out a shriek.

The man grabbed my hands in his and held them  tightly. Fear pulsed through me in in thumping pangs making my breath come in short gasps and sweat started collecting along my brow, making my hair stick uncomfortably to my face.

My blurry eyes couldn't focus on his face as they sought escape routes. I jerked my hands in an attempt to free them, but they wouldn't budge in his steal like grasp. Thrashing as much as I could I ignored the yelled words that the vile man spewed.

Suddenly, my body was no longer my own as it sagged against the bed, and I hung limply from the steel grip on my wrists.  The grip disappeared slowly as I was set against the bed again. I couldn't figure out why my body wouldn't listen to me until Amber's voice whispered through my tattered consciousness, ' it's an Alpha's order cad-'