𝐢𝐢𝐢. love sick.

THREE ❀ LOVE SICK.
.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆..⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.

[italics=flashbacks]
bella's pov:

i sigh as i walk into my bedroom, steven close behind me.

"are you ok?" he asks me, closing the door behind him.

i sit down on my bed and shake my head yes before saying "yeah. i just can't believe that my own aunt is trying to sell my mom's house."

"yeah, i get it. this whole situation is really stupid" steven says, as he sighs and sits on the bed next to me.

"do you wanna sleep in here tonight?" i ask looking over at him.

he smiles a genuine smile and says "of course" while grabbing my hand, and looping his fingers with mine.

i sigh gently before pressing a kiss onto his cheek.

i pull away and rest my head against his shoulder.

we fix my bed a little while later and change into pajamas before crawling into bed.

a little while later i hear steven's breathing even out, which tells me that he's most likely asleep.

i try to force myself to go to sleep, but i can't. there's so much going on in my brain, and i can't get a single thought out.

i can't believe that my own aunt would try and sell my mom's house.

every memory of summer i have is in this town. in this house. like surfing, staying up all night with belly and the boys, going to parties, drinking sun tea with mom and laurel, and getting with the boy of my dreams.

living a life without mom is hard enough, but living a life without steven, belly and laurel hurts too.

if aunt julia does sell the house, it means no more summers in cousins. no more being with the conklins. no more magic, as mom would say. and i couldn't live with that. i wouldn't.

so i'm gonna do everything in my power to keep this house, to keep mom's memory.

when i do fall asleep a little bit later, i dream of what life used to be like. being in cousins with mom and everybody else, and it was perfect.

----------

SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2023

it is officially prom day. well steven's prom day, he just invited me.

i spent the whole day yesterday driving to the conklin household, and it was definitely worth it. well the drive definitely wasn't worth it, but the look on steven's face when i showed up definitely was.

i was getting ready with belly and taylor. i was wearing a light teal blue silk dress, with black heels and my hair was curled in a half up, half down pony tail.

i walked down the stairs and into the living room to see steven, conrad, and taylor's date waiting for us girls in the living room.

when i stepped foot in the living room steven instantly looked up and had a jaw-dropping expression on his face.

he smiles before walking up to me and wrapping his arms around me.