espresso. make it double.

With the sheer amount of spider people on Earth-928, not everyone had a grand job to do.

Sure, there were some new recruits like Gwen, who immediately after joining got a premium spot on the main task force. You've seen the kid in action - if someone deserves to be there, it's her.

Apart from different task forces, there were many places where more... ordinary spider-people, such as yourself, could make themselves useful. This whole thing was a massive operation after all.

There were a bunch of cooks, running the spider-burger joints, a big group of cleaners that swaps out almost daily, and even a few therapists. It was really a whole society of spider people, living together in (somewhat) harmony.

You, in your humble opinion, had one of the coolest gigs out there. You were a barista at a spider-man-themed coffee shop.

It was you, who originally pinched in the idea to Lyla. She loved it and got everything ready almost immediately. You don't really know what the other person on the top (your boss? he never really established the hierarchy here) thinks, but maybe that's better. Miguel is scary, and you try your best not to get in his way.

You've only really seen the man once. It was during a mission in your home universe - the same day you were recruited.

Miguel O'Hara is a beast .

You don't know what is his shtick with being a Spider-Man, but he certainly is one of a kind. He and Jessica Drew opened up a portal in your universe just as you were about to be fried by an alternative version of Electro.

Miguel jumped the man, and you could swear, he was inches away from actually gnawing at his throat.

Is he really a Spider-Man or just an undercover vampire? You will never know.

After thanking the duo for saving your ass, they gave you your own Multi-dimensional watch (with limited access, of course). Jessica told you that you're always welcome in Neuva York.

You showed up to the HQ the next day, with the off-brand spider-starbucks opening up a few days later.

It's a very small joint and for now, you're the only employee.

Running the place shouldn't be that hard. You worked as a barista throughout your entire high school and even some college. All the different techniques of coffee brewing are still embedded deeply into your brain.

The grand opening was... not that grand if you're being honest. For the whole first day, you only had a little under twenty visitors, and that is including Hobie and Pavitr who just came by to ask whether you sell tea.

Maybe you'll expand the menu for them later.

Throughout the next week, you gradually started getting more and more clients, and by the end of the month, you were proud to say that your small stall is probably more successful than the spider-burger joint. You even had regulars!

Your first, most loyal client has been Spider Noir. Just as you expected, he preferred his coffee black. He was a fan of four-shot ( Jesus ) espresso. From time to time, you slip him some Irish coffee under the counter.

Then there was Jessica Drew herself. With a baby on the way, the only type of drink she would ever get was milk with coffee, aka flat white. You quickly learned that she is quite picky. After her first visit, she made you stock up on five different variants of milk.

The first 'normal' customer was Peter B. Parker - the Spider-Man™. You try not to play favorites, but... gosh Mayday has you in the palm of her hand. Every time Peter comes for his cappuccino, Mayday gets some heated milk and a cookie for the go. And since you are not immune to cute babies - they get the latter on the house.