home brew [2/2]

When people talk about Miguel, they often declare the man as a mystery. They often say that because his face is almost permanently stuck in a scowl, it's literally impossible to tell what he's thinking.

In your humble opinion, these people are stupid.

Well, maybe that's a little harsh. They're not stupid.

Just blind.

For you, Miguel's like an open book.

You know exactly how to read his facial expression, know exactly what each muscle movement means, and most importantly, know how beautiful and young he looks when he smiles.

Not the smile he sends your way daily through the crowded hall of the cafeteria, no. Miguel's most beautiful, most honest smiles can be seen during the quiet mornings the two of you share in the comfort of your home.

Despite Miguel's supposed 'terrible sleeping schedule' he told you all about before finally agreeing to spend the night in your bed, when he's next to you Miguel always sleeps like a baby.

More often than not, you're the one who wakes up first in your shared bed, with the man's limbs wrapped protectively around you in a warm, comforting grip. You love to lay there and watch him as he sleeps, your little morning ritual before you'd have to eventually (regretfully) wake him up.

Miguel almost always sleeps on his side, making it so that you two are facing each other when you wake up. You've spent countless hours mapping out the details of his face in your mind, everything from running your fingers across the wrinkles he got prematurely from his constant frowning to placing gentle kisses on his stubble-adorned jaw, enjoying its slight scratch before it'll eventually disappear with a morning shave.

If you could, you would keep Miguel in your room forever, just so that the two of you can coexist together, breathe in the same air as you do everything the life brings your way.

...A pity you're going to lose that room soon.

As you were saying, you can read Miguel like an open book.

Which means you know exactly when he's hiding something.

- - -

"Do you think Miguel's hiding something from me?" You ask Hobie as you dry the glasses with a towel, putting them in their respective cupboards when you're done.

"Well, that's a loaded question." The older teen answers slouching in his seat as he sits across from you at the counter, writing away on a small notebook as he does. "Since you've been hiding something from him. When did you decide you're gonna move out- like a week ago, right?"

You send a death glare in his direction before letting out a loud sigh, putting the glass you've been holding so that you can lean on the counter.

"I don't know how to approach him with this topic." You mumble, truthfully. Despite the man often staying at your place, the two of you never really discussed living arrangements. Still, you know Miguel's dating history and how this is the most serious relationship he's been in. You don't wanna fuck it up by proposing to move in together too fast...

"Three months rule, baby." Hobie quips and you quickly realize you said that last part out loud. "You two still act as down bad as the moment you started dating, I don't think things would change much if you moved in together."

"...Don't you have somewhere else to be?" You ask, eager to procrastinate on this topic more. You still have a week until the increased rent will actually become a pressing issue.

"Nope." He says, putting his pen down as he straightens up. "I don't actually work here, remember?"

"Sure you don't." You answer, rolling your eyes. Hobie's technically right, he is a part of Spider Society but only engages in missions when his friends are also along for the ride, being much more of an occasional add-on than an actual member.