how about a frappe?

Eddie paid for all the chocolate Venom ate. You don't know what you would have done if he didn't (cry, probably).

They left shortly after you returned, profusely apologizing for getting between you and your man. You tried to tell them that he's in fact, not your man, but they seemed to have made up their mind.

You cleaned up the shop after they left, and closed it soon after. If Mrs. Chen complains, you'll show her the receipt from Eddie's purchase - on that single piece of paper was more zeros than this shop usually sees in weeks.

Just before leaving, you grabbed a few bottles of whipped cream and syrup. You had big plans for Monday.

You returned home, ate the leftovers from the day before, and quickly got ready for bed. Just one more day of this and you can return to HQ.

To Miguel.

You lay in your bed, staring at the ceiling as you try your best not to think about the man. Being alone with your thoughts just after you realized you're in love is... a lot.

You think about all the interactions that you two had.

How at first you were intimidated, then intrigued, then... then you were happy to finally have a close friend, and now-

You scream into your pillow.

And now you have the fattest crush of your life.

On your boss.

...Well, he's not really your boss, he's more of a...leader. Yes. Not a boss.

You think about that fateful morning, when he came an hour (h o u r) early, to see you only a day after your first, real meeting.

You slowly raise your head from your pillow.

Why exactly did he come at such an hour? You did ask him once, you realize. You furrow your brows, trying to remember his exact answer.

"So, you only come over 'early' in the mornings. Is there a reason for that or do you just want to spend some time alone with yours truly?"

"If I could, I would spend every moment of my life with you."

Oh.

OH!

"OH MY GOD!" You scream into the night. A loud banging can be heard from upstairs, your neighbors having none of it. "SORRY!"

You sit up, putting your knees up to your chest and clenching the pillow as hard as you can.

Miguel wasn't joking.

All this time, those little jokes-

Oh my god, you two were flirting.

...you called him honey.

You bury your face in the pillow.

That's so embarrassing.

...wait, why is this embarrassing?

If you were flirting, and he was flirting back, that means-

"He likes me." You whisper into the dead of night. "Miguel likes me back."

A grin spreads across your face, and you roll on your bed, giggling and kicking your feet.

He likes you and you like him back, and you can go on cute dates together-

You stop.

Did he... did he try to ask you out today?

You change your mind, you think as you slap your face with your pillow.