a single shot of espresso, please.

You haven't seen your boss (Miguel, he has a name) for a few days. You don't know what you were expecting. That the man will suddenly become a regular? Tough chance.

It's around 8 AM when you find yourself taking a short walk from your room to the coffee shop (you really ought to give that joint a name).

Yesterday was one of those days when you chose to sleep at HQ. Not every spider person has their personal quarters at the base, but those who work here full time, (say, Miguel or Gwen), and the ones who worked here semi-full time (yours truly) all have assigned rooms.

When you're not with other members of Spider Society, you are in your home universe. After 'finishing' college, you never really found a place to stick to. You tried out many locations, and even more part-time jobs, only to land in a small flat in San Francisco, with a part-time job as a cashier at a local convenience store.

You're not really proud of it but, come on, not every spider person can work at Daily Bugle.

With that being said, you're quite happy with where you're at in your life. You have two okay jobs, a place to live, and are a goddamn crime-fighting superhero. What's not to like?

...Well, it wouldn't hurt to have more friends.

You walk through the spacious hallways, waving and saying hi to every spider person that happens to be there when you pass by.

It's not that you don't know many people, hell, you know hundreds of them. But there is a difference between knowing someone, and actually having someone to talk to when the going gets tough...

God, what a way to ruin your morning. You have to stop feeling bad for yourself, you're not that miserable.

Working at the coffee joint broadened your social circle quite a lot. With each passing day, you get closer to your regulars as you often chat with them while you work.

The members of the troublesome trio are actually the people that you look forward to seeing the most (not including the tall, dark, and handsome man, but this ain't about him).

Pavitr always comes over when he has a chance, eager to talk to you about all the ways that you can improve your chai brewing techniques. Nowadays, he often brings you a wide variety of spices and even some new recipes. The last time you saw him he asked you to make him his girlfriend's favourite drink. Needless to say, he wasn't a fan of an extra sweet White Chocolate Mocha Cappucino. You chuckle when you recall his revolted expression.

Hobie took a while to get used to. He wasn't afraid to act out when he saw fit, disrupting the 'order' of things as he went. You know the kid is pretty confident and it's almost impossible to enlarge his ego, but... damn, he is so cool. You wish you were as cool as him, not caring what everyone else thinks and simply doing your thing. Well, not everyone can be as punk as Spider-Punk himself.

Gwen was a special case. She joined the Spider Society just over two months ago and already established herself as a valuable member. She was also one of the few people that lived here. You know there's a reason for it, but feel as if you're not close enough to her to inquire about such personal information. Maybe one day.

You should ask her if she wants to help you out with the shop, you ponder as you take a turn. You think she would appreciate that.

Finally, you can see your destination. Your humble stall in all its glory. Lyla decided that a perfect place for such a joint is the middle of a cafeteria. While you agreed with such a choice, it also meant that there is no backroom or even some extra storage. Well, at least it was visible to everyone who entered the area.