maybe lipton, for a change?

The day has finally come.

The double-premiere of only the most exciting movies of the century.

"The Barbenheimer experience..." Whispers Pavitr as you and Gwen observe his phone, looking at the pictures of his universe's versions of Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling attending the premiere. "I can't believe it's finally here."

You nudge his arm and show him your phone instead, sporting the picture of the black see-through shirt your universe's variant of Cillian Murphy decided to wear to Oppenheimer's premiere. Pavitr swoons.

It's around 5 in the afternoon and the four of you are just chilling in your cafe, relishing in the moment of slow traffic. You texted Miguel to come too, but Lyla said he's on some 'important Spider-Man business' at can't join you at the moment.

Well, you think, his loss.

You, Gwen, and Pavitr stand next to each other, propped up against your counter as you keep staring at each other's phones. Hobie's also there, propped up against a nearby wall.

"I can't believe you're all so excited for a movie that can be literally called 'Capitalism™'." Groans Hobie, standing a 'safe' distance away from you. In his universe, it's still the 70s, meaning he hasn't (and probably won't) seen the movie the rest of you are so excited about.

"Hobie, I can't believe you don't wanna see a movie that stars Ryan Gosling, we saw Drive last week, and you loved that one." Gwen rolls her eyes at her friend.

"Of course I did, he's literally me." Deadpans Hobie and the rest of you laugh. "But I don't get the whole..." He does a vague gesture with his hand. "Hype, you know?"

"Well, I did invite you to watch my Barbie PowerPoint presentation, but you declined." You playfully glare at him. "Even Miguel came to see it! And he said he loved it."

"I'm pretty sure he only said that 'cause he loves you, that one was... bad." Your head turns to Pavitr and now you're glaring for real. He squirms under your gaze. "Well, the vine boom sound effect during every new slide was a little too much."

You stick your tongue at him. "Don't limit my creative expression, I thought it was great." You close your phone and put it into your pocket. "And, not true, by the way. Miguel genuinely wants to see Barbie! He told me that it's an 'old classic' in his universe but he never got around to seeing it."

"Miguel wants to see the Barbie movie? Tsch, as if." Hobie chuckles, coming up to the rest of the group. "He's probably more excited for Oppenheimer."

"Hobie, have you been listening? Spider-Barista literally said that seeing both movies one after another was their idea! Miguel didn't even know that the latter existed." Laughs Gwen, turning her head to you. "So, do tell, what are you gonna wear? More importantly, what will Miguel wear?"

You can't help but blush at the thought. You brought up the idea of a 'cute movie date' to Miguel a while ago and he obviously agreed. While you were glad that he wanted to see Barbie (and obviously shared his excitement), you yourself were much more excited to see Oppenheimer. You wanted to see if the movie will do its due diligence and become the new Joker.

...that, and you wanted to see some nuclear explosions in IMAX. Like, come on, you know you'll have a blast.

You snicker at your own joke.

Miguel promised you he will 'dress for the occasion'. He didn't give you details but he promised he'll deliver. You try not to let your mind wander, wanting to wait and see it for yourself in the cinema.

You steal a glance at your watch. Two more hours till Oppenheimer and then Barbie's screening starts almost immediately after.

"I'm gonna wear a brown suit with a matching hat. And Miguel, well, I don't know yet. But I do know it's gonna be hot." The teens groan in unison. "Oh shush, he's my boyfriend, I'm allowed to call him hot, and anyways-" You clap your hands. "I think I'll close for today, I still need to get ready. I have to iron my suit."