party poison

There's an unspoken list of things one has to do after acquiring a new home.

#1 Get the furniture

Already done. Miguel apparently didn't waste time, making sure that the place is fully furnished. There are many rooms to this house, four to be exact.

One for you and Miguel to sleep in, one where you keep the majority of your trinkets and comic book collections that doubles as a smaller version of Miguel's office and a massive living room - perfect for parties as you noticed.

(There's also one extra room, whose purpose is not yet clear in your mind. Well, there's no rush. You two will figure it out.)

#2 Stock up on food & supplies

You've been out shopping with Miguel once or twice, but never to do such massive groceries.

As you were pushing your cart through the supermarket's mostly empty aisle - obviously dressed in civilian clothes not to cause an uproar - Miguel made sure you had everything you needed in your future home.

And when you say everything, you mean everything.

You knew Miguel was rich - like, come on. The man literally owns Alchemax, and is the leader and the main supplier of Spider Society- not to mention the apartment he 'built on a whim' for you two.

Still, as you see the numbers on a cash register go up, up to the highest number you've seen in your life, you can't help but feel amazed.

Next time, you're buying.

...And you'll make sure to grab things from the lower shelves, there's no need to aim for the highest quality products in  this economy.

And #3, the most important.

Throw a goddamn housewarming party ;)

"Noir!! So glad you could make it." You say, kissing the man on his monochrome cheek before welcoming him inside. "The others are already here, please, come in."

"Couldn't have missed it for the world." He replies, putting a gray bottle of liquor in your welcoming hands. "One of the best whiskeys from my universe."

"Thank you, you shouldn't have." You laugh, putting it next to the other, colorful bottles adorning your kitchen counter. Everyone you invited absolutely delivered.

Miguel wasn't very into the idea of throwing a party- that is until you mentioned the age requirement.

Your boyfriend really enjoyed the idea of not having the teens in the house.

...apart from Hobie.

Not your fault that the guy's 19.

The guy was ever so rebellious, bringing an eight-pack of beer instead of something more 'fancy'.

... or maybe you're just getting old.

You close the door to your shared apartment, the one you live in with your boyfriend and go back to the living room.

All the other guests are already there, all five of them to be exact.

Apart from Gwen, Pavitr, and Hobie (and of course Peter) you are quite close with four other spider people, that is Noir, Jessica, Web Slinger and Ben Reilly.

You actually got more acquainted with Ben and Jess after you started dating Miguel. Before that, you thought these two were a bit too serious for your tastes.

But then, you thought Miguel was too serious for you.

How the turn tables.

"Now that we're all here, welcome to our Dream House!" You announce to the group, earning excited woos from Peter and Hobie, as well as raised glasses from the other four. You look around for your boyfriend, but he finds you first, placing a kiss on your cheek before putting himself at your side, his hand already in yours. "I will be honest, it's been a while since I threw an actual party, I'm open to suggestions."