look at you, strawberry

"..."

"..."

You keep staring at the phone in Hobie's outstretched hand as the three teens try their hardest (and fail, in Pavitr's case) not to laugh.

"... you wanna tell me what am I looking at?" You finally ask, returning to your work. You just started to wrap up for the day when the spiderlings decided to bother you.

(Not that you mind, you love those three.)

Usually Miguel is the one that picks you up from work. He had to cancel today, because his mission on Earth-616B still hasn't finished.

"We had some trouble while talking with the Policemen, nothing too bad though, don't worry."

"What, I'm not allowed to worry about my cute boyfriend?"

"I- don't call me that over comms, Jessica and Peter are going to hold it over my head."

"Not my fault you're the prettiest man in the world-"

"Okay okay, enough. I'll call you later, love you"

"Love you too."

You're glad you just turned your back to the kids, you don't want to explain to them the reason why you're suddenly grinning from ear to ear.

They already hate (/affectionate) the way you and Miguel act in public, they need some rest.

After your initial date, the two of you started going out.

It wasn't the 'dating' going out at first, he mustered up the courage to ask you out only during your fourth date.

You knew that taking Miguel to Legoland would be a memorable experience.

Around a month has passed since then, and if someone were to ask you, it's been the best month of your life.

You and Miguel were basically inseparable and the official lovebirds™ of the Spider Society.

With how much you've talked and learned about each other, you thought there was nothing else about the man that can surprise you.

Clearly, you were wrong.

...but not in the way you expected.

"This is only my Magnum Opus, Strawberry Miguel." You look back at Hobie's phone and take in the photoshopped picture again.

It's Miguel's face, as well as tiny legs and arms edited onto a strawberry.

It's weirdly cute.

"Well, I figured as much, thank you for stating the obvious Hobie. Let me ask a better question: why?"

"Yesterday you told me about how you want to put an iced strawberry latte on the menu." Chimes in Gwen, leaning on Hobie's shoulder. "I told that to the guys, and then Pavitr-"

"Yes, me! And then I said, 'Don't you think Miguel looks kind of like a strawberry? He is so triangular.' So the idea was mine!" The teen in question beams and you have to fight the urge not to ruffle his hair.

He is so goddamn adorable, you must protect him at all costs.

"The idea was his, but the flawless execution? Yours truly." Smirks Hobie. "We wanted to show this to you first."

"Wow thank you, I'm... honored?" You're not sure what you're feeling, but when you look at the image again, you can't help but smile.

Pavitr was right, Miguel is kind of strawberry shaped.