spilling tea.

"I agree, by the way." He finally says and it's your turn to raise your eyebrow at him. "To the date. I really wanna go out with you, too." Miguel's smiling too, and he looks so happy, so light, so... young.

You want him to smile like that every day.

"This doesn't count as a date though." You look down at the dirty floor. "I need to clean this up."

"Ah yes, sorry." He grabs a bunch of tissues from behind the counter. "You... you caught me a little off guard." He kneels and starts wiping the floor.

"Oh, thank you, you didn't have to." To tell him, and join him on the floor, the two of you quickly taking care of the mess. You look at the now almost empty glass that Miguel had the misfortune to drink from. What a pity.

...a thought crosses your mind.

"You know," You tell him as you get back up, going behind the counter. "We can still enjoy a nice drink." You grab an extra straw and put it in your frappuccino so that one is facing you, and the other - Miguel. You prop your chin on your elbows and lean on the counter, waiting for him to catch up.

The man throws the used tissues into the trash and joins you on his feet. "What, you're planning on making another-" He notices the straws and stops. "Oh- you want to- together?" He sputters.

"Yes. Now come on, don't be shy. I don't bite." You smile at him and take a sip of your drink. "Oh god, this is actually very sweet." You squirm.

"Let me try." You look up, and suddenly his face is just inches from yours, his lips wrapped around the straw and his eyes closed-

You look away, unable to take in the sight. That was supposed to be an iced drink, so why does your face feel so hot?

"Mmm! This is-" Miguel takes another sip. "Why is it so good? "You look back, and half of your drink is already gone. There goes your romantic drink-sharing idea.

"Told you you'll like it. But leave some for me, gosh." You grab your straw and lean in to get at least one more sip before Miguel actually downs the whole thing. You feel something brush against your face and look up just to see that his hair fell across his forehead. Huh, it's longer than you thought.

You feel yourself being watched. You look down and-

Oh.

His eyes look gorgeous from up so close.

You smile, and he smiles back.

"Hey." You whisper.

"Hey yourself, beautiful."

"I- you think you're so smooth, huh? Weren't you the one who almost choked because their crush asked them out?"

"I- It was an accident!" He stutters and you can feel his breath against your face. You enjoy having him so close.

Looking down, you notice his hands laying flat against the counter. You reach out and put your hands on top of his.

"This okay?" You ask, not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

"...Yea, it's okay." He whispers and laces your fingers together. "More than okay."

- - -

You spend the remainder of the hour standing in the same spot, holding hands and talking as the ice in the unfinished drink between you two melts away.

It's so... domestic.

And it was the closest to heaven that you've ever been, disrupted only by the fact that you actually had a job to do (shocker).