Chapter 8: Send A Blessing

Chapter 8

Send A Blessing
------------------------------
August

I walked aroun' the room trynna find my damn long sleeve Polo, but I couldn't find the bitch, and I'm runnin' a lil late ta be up at the church. I ain't really wanna get my ass up this early in the mornin' jus' ta go ta church, but when I thought 'bout seein' O'Shae, I figured I'd jus' go. CaPree jus' been walkin' 'round the room all damn mornin' tellin' me how stupid I am foe even trynna mess wit' her, but I ain't thankin' 'bout that nigga.

"Nigga you gotta leave her alone. I know Shae fine and shit, but she ain't worth gettin' yo ass whooped over." He tol' me while he got his gym bag ready and shit.

"Aye chill out man. You don't even know her like that ta be sayin' what she worth and shit."

"Aye man, I'm jus' sayin'." He explained while headin' foe the doe. "Rah ain't one to be fucked wit'. And he don't take messin' wit' O'Shae lightly, but I'll holla at you later bruh!"

I jus' shook my head while he left out the doe. I really don't give a damn about Raheem, and anybody else foe that matta when it come ta Shae. I do care that, that nigga put his hands on her once, but as long as I'm around I ain't lettin' that shit happen no moe. I really wanna whoop his ass jus' thankin' 'bout the shit, but I cain't do that shit outchea specially if I cain't prove that he really be hittin' on her, 'cause I know O'Shae ain't gone willingly tell nobody.

Afta a while I jus' gave up on lookin' foe the damn shirt and jus' grabbed a black short sleeve Polo out my drawer befoe throwin' it on, and grabbin' my keys, and phone. I had shot Shae a text earlier trynna see what the address ta the church is, but she still ain't hit me back so Ion't know how the fuck I'm 'pose ta get thea'. I kept walkin' 'til I got ta my car and hopped in befoe I tried ta call her. It rang foe a lil while, but she ain't answer again so I jus' figured I'd call Dink, 'cause I'm sho' he know.

"Hello?"

"Yo Dink, what up bruh? It's August." I tol' him.

"Aye, Aug, what's good?"

"Nunin', but I jus' need the address ta y'all's church. O'Shae ain't answerin' her phone, and she wanted me ta come out so I'm trynna head out that way."

I heard a lil shufflin' befoe he got back onna phone. "Oh iight, I'll text it to you. She prolly ain't answerin' 'cause she prolly practicing for today."

"Practicin'? Foe what?"

"She sing some Sunday's in the church. She singin' today so I'm sure she rehearsin'."

I nodded and smiled a lil at that. I ain't know lil mama ca sing. I mean that day that she had sung my name it sounded pretty, but I thought that was jus' foe play-play, but I guess she really do sang. I cain't wait ta hear her taday then.

"Oh iight, well yea send me the address though, I'll be thea' in a lil bit." I tol' him while I started up the car.

"Iight bruh, imma send it. See you when you get here."

"Yup." I hung up and then jus' chilled back in my seat waitin' foe the text ta come through.

While I was lookin' 'round outside, I saw that nigga Rah walk his ass by the dorm houses. Nigga had a black eye, and that made me laugh a lil, I hope whoever gave him that shit ain't stop thea'; I hope they beat that niggas ass like he been needin'. I kept watchin' that nigga walk 'round 'til I saw him duck off ta the side of the dorm buildin', and then another nigga came through, and ducked back thea' too. It ain't take long foe both of 'em ta come out, and then dap each otha up befoe they went they separate ways. Fuck was this nigga jus' doin'?