Chapter 33: Just Want Whats Best

Chapter 33

Just Want What's Best
------------------------------------
O'Shae

"I'm sorry could you repeat that?" I asked.

He sighed and looked down at me again. "I sell iight. I sell weed ta folks. That's my job O'Shae."

He has got to be kidding me. This whole time I have never asked August what he did for a living just out of respect that I don't feel you should ask people that. I think you should let them tell you on their own just incade they don't have a job and that's what I was doing with August. Now see I would be fine if he didn't have a job because I know it's hard to get one, but I am in no way, shape or form okay with this!

"That's your job? You call that a job? You are a drug dealer August!" I yelled at him.

He huffed and sat back down on the couch. I just looked at him like he was crazy because he has to be if that's what he does for a living and thinks it's okay. I'm all for getting your money, and get it how you live, but legally! He could be locked up, killed or anything over this mess.

"I know what the fuck I am, and that's how I get money, iight?"

"You can't get money some other way, some legal way?"

He dragged both his hands down his face and sighed. "No Shae, I cain't get near as much as I'm makin' by doin' some damn nine to five."

"Are you serious? Yes you can."

"No I cain't. Betta yet Iont even know why I'm talkin' ta yo ass like I expected you ta undastand shit."

Now he really got my attention. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is, but he needed to check this attitude at the door. I have not done a single thing wrong to him and he's trying to come for me. It's taking the grace of God for me not to hurt his feelings at this point.

"Expect me to understand? What the hell does that mean?" I asked.

He stood up again and got in my face again, and for a second I kind of coward away getting a little scared, but decided to hold my ground anyways. He's going to hear me right now.

"That mean that yo ass done came from a rich muhfuckin' family. Yo daddy a damn surgeon and yo mama was a lawyer. Yall was paid you ain't have ta struggle foe shit so you don't undastand the need of quick money. That's what the fuck I'm sayin' ta yo ass. Wanna preach some shit, but don't know shit 'bout me or what the fuck I went through." He yelled.

I nodded and folded my arms over my chest. He thinks he knows so damn much when he don't. "I don't know what you're about, what you went through August? I know you better than you probably know your damn self and even if I wasn't around to see your damn struggle don't think I haven't lived the struggle before baby boy."

"What the fuck you been through which you had ta struggle?"

"My dad hasn't always been successful. Surprise, surprise he used to slang too." I admitted.

It was some dark days growing up for me, shit ain't always been as great as they are now believe me. It took my dad years to get established and before that he was another dope boy on the corner living the same raggedy life. We've been robbed of every penny he's ever made in a week and had to struggle off of Gina's little bit of money. Also just like August, my dads pride was too damn big so he didn't except hand outs. Pride so damn big it moved us to a homeless shelter for a while. If it wasn't for Gina threatening to leave him he probably wouldn't have really got his shit together.

My life has not always been a fairytale by any means and Aug needs to realize he ain't the only one living the struggle. Also even if that's so, he's got so many more options. He can do better than the dope boy life.