Chapter 35: Decisions & Promises

Chapter 35

Decisions & Promises
-----------------------------------
O'Shae; One Week Later

"Do you need any of this?" I asked Aug while I picked up some things from the toiletry section in target.

"Uhm, can you grab me an extra tooth brush and a bar of soap?" He asked while looking down at his list.

I gladly grabbed the two things and through them in the cart. Today is the last day that August will be living in Atlanta and I'm beyond sad about it, but he asked me if I could come shopping for some last minute things with him before we go out to eat in a little bit. We've spent all week getting things ready for his move and even after all that time spent together I'm still not ready for him to leave. It's been beating at my head all day, but I'm trying to stay positive and not bring him down.

"Do you want snacks for your carry on?" I asked.

"Naw, I'll grab that stuff in the airport."

"You sure?"

"Yea, Iont wanna pack it and they make me throw the shit away." He shrugged. I nodded and kept making my way through aisle after aisle.

I felt him get closer and he wrapped his arms around my waist while I looked over some shaving things. He kissed along my neck making me giggle. He's been a very affectionate little thing all day and I've been soaking it all up because this is probably the last time we'll be able to be all over one and other like this for a while. Thinking about that I put my hands on his arms trying to keep him from moving.

"Come on mama's, we gotta get a move on befoe we be late ta eat." He stated and kissed my cheek.

I let him go and he released me and we started heading to check out. We got in line and got all of our stuff rung up and then headed out to his truck. I put everything in the back and then hopped in along with him. It started out silent because I was starting to get in my feelings again. August took notice and plugged his phone into the aux chord. After a while the oh-so-familiar beat came on and I cracked a smile.

"Come on baybeh, we gotta do it foe the one time!" He yelled while turning it up.

"Girl yo stare, those eyes. I,"

"Love it when you look at me baby!" I sang back to him.

He cracked a smile too and we sang the song for the rest of the ride until we got to the restaurant. We were both all smiles now as we hopped out of the truck and headed inside. We looked around and found the table that everyone was sitting at. Tonight's dinner was August's little go away party/ dinner. Everyone close to him is here and even my mother flew in to meet him for the first time.

While we walked up to the table everyone at it started clapping and cheering for him. I smiled looking at the big smile that came on his face. He walked over to the table and went around saying his hello's. I did the same and said hello to people from his family. Kenzie wanted to come with me so I took her over to my seat in between August and my dad.

"Hey sweetheart, how have you been?" I asked her while I moved some hair out of her face.

"I good."

"Good. You been with your granny today?" I asked her. She nodded and started playing with the ends of my hair trying to braid them.

I looked up and turned towards my mother. She was already looking and smiling at me. "Introduce me to him." She whispered.

I laughed and turned to August and tapped him on the shoulder. He looked down at me and immediately kissed me making me laugh.

"What up ma?"